Carden Memorial School
5.00 (1 review)
- Carden Memorial School was first established in an old red brick house at 288 North Main St. in 1969 by Donald and Anna Lou Jeffs with a student body of forty.
- The school is today, in 2008-2009, entering its 40th year with an enrollment of nearly 400 students in grades Junior Kindergarten through the 8th grade in the former Highland Park School located at 1452 East 2700 South.
- Carden Memorial School is a traditional day school which is based upon the philosophy and teaching techniques of the late Mae Carden who conducted training courses in California over a period of several years which the directors and teachers attended.
- She also made annual visits to the school for the purpose of demonstration teaching until shortly before her death in 1977 at the age of 82.
- At this time the school's name was changed to Carden Memorial School.
- We still have on the faculty, teachers who attended Carden courses or were students who remember Miss Carden's annual visits.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||354 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandy Grades: PK-8
10685 S. 1000 East
Sandy, UT 84094
(801)572-1910 10.8 PK-8
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
547 W. 3900 So. Suite E
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801)685-9648 3.5 PK-12
My children loved attending Carden Memorial School, and I loved the academically-stimulating environment, the emphasis on character and respect, and the strong liberal arts program. When they advanced to high school, my son and daughter were well prepared for AP and honors classes, and I consistently received compliments from their teachers about what intelligent, courteous students they were. I attribute their maturity and manners to Carden.
- Posted by Parent - A Parent
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.