Redeemer Lutheran School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Christ Centered - Student Focused - Community Involved Redeemer Lutheran School has been serving the Sugar House community since 1961.
- Committed to an outstanding education, Redeemer offers low student teacher ratios, accredited educators, as well as Christian character development for kindergarten through 6th grade. Our challenging curriculum is one that is student focused, engaging, and offers a hands on experience where your child can grow at their own pace.
- Our students participate in programs beyond the core subjects such as, Spanish, STEAM, fine arts, sports, religion, and leadership.
- We provide early intervention, screenings as well as access to the school districts resources and testing.
- At Redeemer, your child will be involved in the community by completing service projects where they will learn skills such as empathy, generosity and leadership. Redeemer, a Christ center school, is a wonderful place for children to learn and grow.
- We believe in the importance of relationships. Children can make mistakes and find forgiveness. Families can find a strong faith in God`s grace and guidance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Advanced Courses||Every child is able to grow at their own academic pace.|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available|
|Admissions Director||Dana Riches|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||chess club, homework club, lego league, private music lessons chess club, homework club, lego league, private music lessons,
- Redeemer Lutheran School has provided quality Christian education to K-6 students in the Salt Lake City area since 1961. Small classes allow education standards to aim high spiritually and academically in developing the knowledge, skills and potential for each child. Individual assessments and grouping by instructional level is important to student success. The students at Redeemer Lutheran School consistently score very high on annual MAP testing. Curriculum includes music, art, physical education, foreign language, and integration of technology into the classrooms. Students participate in gardening, STEAM Day, and Field Day. Electives such as MAD Science, Chess Club, and sports are available. Staffed by licensed, experienced teachers, Redeemer Lutheran School is accredited by National Lutheran School Association.
- At Redeemer Lutheran Church and School we strongly believe that Christian Education is not a commodity. It is a ministry. It is a commitment. It is a connection, a connection between your child's needs, your families` philosophy and our schools philosophy. That being said, investing in your child is important.
- That is why Redeemer Lutheran Church and School has one of the most robust need based scholarship programs. The Carson Smith scholarship however is not a financial needs based scholarship. For more information on how to apply please visit the Carson Smith website.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-8 | 359 students
1452 E 2700 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-8 | 325 students
2335 Redondo Avenue
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Salt Lake CityGrades: K | 26 students
1838 S 1500 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84105
Salt Lake CityGrades: NS-6 | 203 students
2416 East 1700 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-1 | 19 students
2806 E 3300 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
I love this school. Small class sizes, wonderful academics, and a supportive community. My daughter is in first grade and reads is in the 98th percentile of readers- testing at a second grade level! SO grateful we found this place.
- Posted by Parent - Ariana
Redeemer Lutheran is a wonderful school with high academic standards, well-qualified teachers, and excellent extra curricular opportunities for students. Before school and after school care is available Many learning opportunities including field trips, choir, science fairs, geography fairs, sports, and more. If you''re looking for a wonderful school that will help your child excel academically and grow into a kind person then Redeemer Lutheran School is a great fit for you.
- Posted by Parent - j_lro
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?