J E Cosgriff Memorial Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (801) 486-3197
The mission of J.E. Cosgriff Memorial Catholic School is to guide our students to become respectful, responsible, and productive citizens through quality academic instruction that is grounded in Catholic teachings and tradition.
J E Cosgriff Memorial Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,160|
|Tuition Notes||Regular tuition rate: $5160 Catholic tuition rate $4125Tuition aid assements available through FACTS at www.factstuitionaid.com|
|Admissions Director||Brooke Soto|
- Students at Cosgriff are challenged with meaningful, rigorous instruction. Our curriculum focuses on the study of Catholic Church teachings and core subjects of mathematics, science, language arts, and social studies. Students participate in technology, P.E., music, art, and foreign language classes. Small class sizes of 18 students at the kindergarten, first and second grade levels help ensure a solid foundation in reading, writing, and mathematics. Our reading specialists assess the progress of students' reading and comprehension skills.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-6 | 148 students
3337 W 6200 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84129
(801) 965-1216 9.9 PK-6
- Sandy Grades: NS-8
10685 S. 1000 East
Sandy, UT 84094
(801) 572-1910 11.9 NS-8
I have children in public school and Cosgriff. I am very impressed with the school, especially during this season of covid. My older children in public school have received next to no school work, whereas my younger children at Cosgriff are deep into their school work which makes me feel confident as a parent that they are on track with their learning. In years previous with the old principal the school seemed like a stressful environment for all who worked and attended as a student. Even as a parent I often felt uncomfortable with how I was treated and cringed at the thought of volunteering with the ridiculously strict guidelines. I am very happy with the new principal I could almost cry. She is kind, loving, on the ball and very welcoming. You can tell her faculty and students are much happier and the school is a lot more cheery. Overall, covid or not, I am impressed with this school. It is well worth the money and I know my children are receiving a quality education.
- Posted by Parent - Cosgriff Parent
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.