- At Redwood Montessori Academy, we nurture each child's natural desire to learn, to explore, and to take part in the world.
- Our classrooms offer a child-friendly environment with materials designed to reinforce the child's independence and encourage intellectual and emotional development.
- Each child is treated as an individual and allowed to learn at his/her own pace.
- Through this approach, each child masters essential personal, social, and academic skills.
- Our students also develop self-confidence, inner peace, responsibility, and a love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition depends on age; AM and PM care charges additional.|
- Redwood Montessori Academy provides a safe, stimulating, and supportive educational environment for children. Our students are joyfully engaged in learning and growing through the year. They develop social and personal skills essential to success in the 21st century. They master a wide range of academic skills, often beyond common expectations for their age or grade level.
- Our teachers create a rich environment that encourages exploration and discovery. We give individual attention and guidance. We nurture personal development and teach important social skills. We encourage creativity, curiosity, and critical thinking.
- Our students have made successful transitions to both public and private schools, including accelerated programs, gifted and talented classes, and early admission to higher grades.
- Our parents receive monthly newsletters and progress reports and opportunities to observe their child. Parents get involved as classroom volunteers and chaperones and can lead special projects. School events help parents meet and build connections within the school.
Profile last updated: 09/22/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockvilleGrades: PK-2 | 112 students
14138 Travilah Rd
Rockville, MD 20850
Chevy ChaseGrades: NS-9 | 171 students
6701 Wisconsin Ave
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
OlneyGrades: PK-3 | 148 students
3400 Queen Mary Dr
Olney, MD 20832
BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 700 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
PotomacGrades: PK-3 | 117 students
Po Box 60691
Potomac, MD 20859
This school is fantastic! Our daughter attended Early Primary and Primary here, and then went to public school for kindergarten. We were so unimpressed with the public school system, we sent her back for elementary school this year. We feel good knowing that she's in a challenging, caring environment, where she's not a number, and where the teachers truly care about her. All the teachers are great - every single one of them. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - eeaoc