Grades: NS-8 | 161 students
- Academic excellence, respect and a passion to serve are the inspiration for our community.
- At Christ Episcopal School, every student and parent is a priority, and every interaction is rooted in our CES promise: to nurture students to become kind, confident, well-rounded individuals prepared to contribute to their community and thrive personally, spiritually and academically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,766|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool: $4375-$15975 K-8 $17165|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Janet Gerber|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Track and FieldBasketball, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After, Instrumental, Middle After, Instrumental, Middle,|
- LIFT: Learning Integration For Tomorrow
- Students from age two through the eighth grade will learn foundational academic skills in an environment that is engaging and collaborative. They will demonstrate mastery of grade-appropriate content, and together with their teachers, learn how to work in teams effectively, become creative problem solvers, know and apply national technology standards (www.iste.org/standards) and conduct their lives with integrity, honor and empathy. Christ Episcopal School (CES) and The Johns Hopkins University`s Center for Technology in Education (JHU/CTE) present LIFT: Learning Integration For Tomorrow, a curriculum delivery model that represents what the best of educational research indicates is the effective model for 21st century teaching and learning. This collaborative project focuses on in-depth training of all CES faculty so that every child in every classroom is receiving the benefits of teachers who know and use research-supported best practices. The goal for LIFT is to improve student achievement for all CES students and to prepare them to thrive beyond the CES experience: in their families, in their community, and in their next educational environment including secondary and post-secondary programs. As supported by The Partnership for 21st Century Skills (www.p21.org), LIFT focuses on the traditional 3R`s (reading, writing and arithmetic) in tandem with four critically important skills today`s children will need for their future success. These four skills are described as The Four C`s and include the ability to think critically, be creative, communicate effectively and collaborate with a team.Firmly grounded in the Episcopal school tradition, CES adds an important fifth C to the Four C`s defined by P21. The fifth C is character. In all that it tries to accomplish, Christ Episcopal School never forgets it commitment to maintaining focus on the global community in which we live and assisting its children in developing a heart for others and a desire to serve.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GermantownGrades: NS-8 | 140 students
15951 Germantown Rd
Germantown, MD 20874
KensingtonGrades: NS-5 | 93 students
9411 Connecticut Avenue
Kensington, MD 20895
SpencervilleGrades: PK-12 | 377 students
2502 Spencerville Road
Spencerville, MD 20868
Sandy SpringGrades: PK-12 | 589 students
16923 Norwood Road
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
RockvilleGrades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
Christ Episcopal School is a gem! The academic rigor and focus on building children of exceptional character is validated every time I step foot on campus. The entire community - parents, teachers and administration - is a caring and dedicated team. My 5th grader has attended CES since Pre-K and we grow more fond of the school each year!
- Posted by Parent - vfeau
Amazing families, incredible friendships with the kids and the parents, unique off campus experiences and the music/arts programs are some of the fantastic attributes of CES! This is on top of the challenging yet encouraging education provided by dedicated and caring teachers. We love it here.
- Posted by Parent - deann
If you have a bright and talented child, Christ Episcopal School is the ideal place for them! They''ll be challenged to push their boundaries and will learn so much! Our three children get so much from this school!
- Posted by Parent - paul
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.