Grades: K-12 | 88 students
- River City Christian School is a unique, Christ-centered, safe environment for children with learning differences.
- The school's specially trained teachers and multidisciplinary curriculum enables our children to learn and grow spiritually, academically and emotionally. River City Christian School specializes in educating students, from kindergarten to 12th grade, who have learning differences that include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyscalcula, Asperger's Disorder and Central Auditory Processing Disorder, among other learning differences.River City Christian School believes that God has a divine purpose for every student's life, and that every student has the potential to succeed at his or her own pace and level.
- Our core belief is that every student deserves an educational setting that integrates personal, spiritual and academic growth to provide a comprehensive and specialized learning experience, despite the challenges they face in the learning process.
- It is River City Christian School's desire for each student to form the critical thinking skills necessary to make Godly choices in life.The goal of River City Christian School is to provide the children of our community an individualized educational program in a nurturing Christian environment.
- River City Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, ADHD, Dylslexia, Dyscalculia, High Functioning Autism, Dysgraphia and others|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- River City Christian School is a Christian school specifically designed to educate students with learning and/or emotional difficulties. River City Christian School specializes in educating students, from kindergarten to 12th grade, who have learning differences to include, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyscalcula,Asperger`s Disorder and Central Auditory Processing Disorder, among other learning differences. River City Christian School is a unique, Christ-centered, safe environment for children with learning differences and/or emotional difficulties. The school's specially trained teachers and multidisciplinary curriculum enables our children to learn and grow spiritually, academically and emotionally. The faculty, staff and students of RCCS are committed to making a difference in the special need's community by reaching them with the healing power of Jesus Christ our Lord. River City Christian School's caring and degreed staff is dedicated to providing your child with an individualized educational program in a nurturing Christian environment. The teaching faculty is committed help students rekindle a desire to learn, develop an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ as their Savior, and to develop Godly character and self-worth. Every teacher has a strong calling to teach children with unique learning and emotional needs.
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: K-12 | 191 students
8565 Ewing Halsell Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 993 students
9401 Starcrest Dr
San Antonio, TX 78217
San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 385 students
16801 Huebner Rd
San Antonio, TX 78258
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1078 students
4802 Vance Jackson Road
San Antonio, TX 78230
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 437 students
119 E Craig Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.