Grades: 1-12 | 25 students
- Roger Williams originally came to New England as a resident of the Colony of Massachusetts.
- He found himself to be in serious disagreement with the combination of Church and State in that colony, and eventually returned to England and received a charter to found the Colony of Rhode Island.
- The principles that were established in Rhode Island included the freedom to worship God in any church, without a State Church.
- There was a clear separation of Church and State.
- Schools were established by the various Churches in Rhode Island rather than the State.
- This fact permitted the parents to maintain control of the education received by their children, allowing them to be trained in moral and ethical disciplines based on the parents desired faith system.
- Roger Williams Academy is a Christian school.
- Moral and ethical standards, and wisdom literature is taken from the Bible.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: PK-KG | 153 students
2425 19th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94116
Daly CityGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
79 Florence St.
Daly City, CA 94014
MillbraeGrades: PK-K | 40 students
797 Santa Margarita, Suite A
Millbrae, CA 94030
San BrunoGrades: PK-K | 70 students
233 Santa Inez Ave
San Bruno, CA 94066
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.