Watch School Video:
North Yarmouth Academy
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5 - 12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||10% (ME School Avg.: 5%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|AP Art History||AP Biology|
|AP Calculus||AP Chemistry|
|AP English Language||AP English Literature|
|AP Environmental Science||AP European History|
|AP French||AP Music Theory|
|AP Physics||AP Spanish|
|AP Statistics||AP Studio Art|
|AP US History|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,400|
|Tuition Notes||Grade 5 - $21500 Grades 6-12 - $25400|
|% on Financial Aid||45%|
|Admissions Director||Sean Ireland, Director of Advancement|
|Admissions Associate||Abbi Rusinek|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Cross Country||Field Hockey|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
- North Yarmouth Academy's students currently come from 43 communities in Maine. In addition, we have a small boarding/homestay program with students from other areas of our country, as well as from countries across the globe. This program accounts for approximately 5% of our student population.
- NYA's music and fine arts program is second to none. All of our middle school students participate in our music and fine arts programs. Our upper school students must meet a fine arts requirement and over 70% of our students fulfill that requirement and continue to participate. Students can participate in a wide variety of choral groups, music ensembles and participate in our all-school musical. The school is alive with music of all kinds.
- NYA offers a very competitive athletic program, meeting the needs of all levels of athletes. Many of our teams are state champions, and we emphasize the importance of participation in an athletic program not only for competition, but for team-building, character and camaderie.
- Our rigorous academic curriculum is supported by a committed faculty that knows each student well, supports learning styles and encourages growth. Our faculty encourages each student to reach his or her own level of excellence.
- NYA's college counseling program offers one-on-one counseling throughout a student's time at NYA. Our goal is work with each student to find the right fit. In 2012, 80% of our students were accepted to one of their top two choices. 100% of our students matriculate and go on to higher education.
Profile last updated: 04/10/2013
Related School Videos:
NYA Stands For...
6 months ago
North Yarmouth Academy 2013 studio band
2 months ago
Waynflete vs. North Yarmouth Academy Highlights
4 months ago
North Yarmouth Academy
10 months ago
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- North Yarmouth defeats Seahawks - Boothbay Register
posted on June 1, 2013 at 12:15:08 pm
North Yarmouth defeats SeahawksBoothbay RegisterThe Boothbay Region High School boys tennis team played long and hard May 30 against North Yarmouth ...
- New England Roundup: Maine - ESPN (blog)
posted on May 31, 2013 at 07:33:10 pm
New England Roundup: MaineESPN (blog)The lightest moment of the tournament came when North Yarmouth Academy's Burke Paxton outlasted Cape ...
- Wells boys win WMC DII meet - Seacoastonline.com
posted on May 30, 2013 at 06:04:19 am
Wells boys win WMC DII meetSeacoastonline.comThe Warriors bested Sacopee Valley (143), North Yarmouth Academy (91), Yarmouth (54), Traip Academy ...
Gr. 5-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 4.1 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 4.2 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-2 | 5.1 mi. away
Gr. K | 5.2 mi. away
Gr. K-3 | 5.4 mi. away