The Woods Academy
|School Membership(s)||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||35% (MD School Avg.: 37%)|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1|
|Tuition Notes||TUITION AND FEES 2012-2013 Montessori Half Day: $11,845 OWL Program (4-year old extended day): $4,060* Montessori Full Day: $18,285 Grades 1-4: $18,285 Grades 5-8: $19,355 *additional fee due upon acceptance into the program (pro-rated)|
|Admissions Director||Molly McNamara|
|Admissions Associate||Kitty Jones|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||4 extracurriculars|
|Flute Ensemble||Robotics Club|
- The Woods Academy:
- Develops each student—intellectually, physically and spiritually—in an environment that celebrates friendship and community, and a tradition of preparing students for the challenges of tomorrow.
- Promotes personal integrity, respect for the uniqueness of each individual, a spirit of equality, and a commitment to service.
- Prepares students for academically demanding secondary schools, a life-long love of learning, and the opportunities and challenges presented by our global society.
Profile last updated: 09/20/2012
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- The Woods Academy hosts Robotics qualifier, area teams move to state finals - Gazette.Net: Maryland Community News Online
posted on December 19, 2012 at 05:18:06 am
The Woods Academy hosts Robotics qualifier, area teams move to state finalsGazette.Net: Maryland Community News OnlineThe Tech Turtles of Bethesda won top honors in the First Lego ...
- New Head of School Announced
posted on March 1, 2011 at 12:00:00 am
Joseph E. Powers has been named as New Head of School at The Woods Academy, an independent Catholic co-educational school in Bethesda. Powers, who assumes his duties July 1, will replace Head of School Mary Worch, who announced her retirement last Fall. Powers currently serves as Headmaster at the Washington Jesuit Academy in Washington, D.C. As Head of School, Powers will serve as The Woods Academy's Chief Executive Officer, overseeing all aspects of school and student life. The Woods serves students from Montessori pre-school to eighth grade. Prior to joining the Washington Jesuit ...
- A Passover tradition comes to Catholic schools
posted on April 8, 2009 at 09:40:24 am
(From left) Haley Mulera, William Westbury, Haley Maness and Grace Kudiwu celebrate a ...
Gr. PK-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 10-11 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-2 | 0.9 mi. away
Gr. PK-1 | 1 mi. away
Gr. 2-9 | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 1.2 mi. away