Grades: NS-12 | 161 students
Bethany Christian Academy is a recognized Massachusetts Department of Education private school and a member of th Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS).
Located in the small, rural town of Mendon, MA, we provide a traditional education in a Christian environment.
We provide a complete educational program from preschool to 12th grade.
Bethany Christian Academy is sponsored by and affiliated with Bethany Assembly of God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Our tuition varies by grade. Please check out our website www.bcama.org for more information.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- MISSION Bethany Christian Academy is a ministry established by the Christian Education Department of Bethany Assembly of God as a service to the families of its community. Our purpose is to provide a well-rounded academic experience in a Godly, Christ-centered environment. We strive for a total balance of growth academically, spiritually, personally, socially, and physically in the whole child. BCA offers education for students from preschool to twelfth grade.
- PHILOSOPHY BCA is committed to providing a developmentally appropriate environment supported by caring, qualified teachers who stimulate and challenge each child. Through a variety of experiences, each child will develop at their own rate: self-discipline, decision making, independent problem-solving and a positive self-image. We achieve this with a balance between creative and structured educational activities. BCA desires to prepare students for success in a world that needs people of integrity.
- ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE BCA students are tested yearly using the Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). Our students have consistently scored in the higher percentiles. The curriculum and maintained standard of achievement have enabled our students to continue their education at the higher levels through college and university studies.
- ACADEMICS BCA is a recognized Massachusetts Department of Education Private School. We provide a quality educational environment with a traditional phonics based approach to reading. For a complete list of courses offered, please see our website. In addition to core subjects, BCA offers the following: Industrial Arts, Computer Science, Performing Arts, Athletics, Foreign Language, Business and Media Track Programs and College Prep. All students are required to attend age-appropriate weekly chapel classes.
- ATHLETICS BCA is a member of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Worcester County Athletic Conference. We proudly offer opportunity for male and female competitive sports to students in grades 6-12. BCA provides a Christian environment to explore competitive sports in a healthy, fun program. Our teams compete with private and public schools. Our varsity teams have participated in district level competition in Massachusetts. BCA offers volleyball, and all levels of competitive basketball.
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MendonGrades: 1-10 | 17 students
70 Cape Road
Mendon, MA 01756
BellinghamGrades: K | 50 students
1178 S Main St
Bellingham, MA 02019
BellinghamGrades: PK-K | 60 students
6 S Maple St
Bellingham, MA 02019
MilfordGrades: PK-6 | 181 students
11 E Main St
Milford, MA 01757
FranklinGrades: NS-K | 175 students
831 W Central Street
Franklin, MA 02038
Rental Market Monitor
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.