|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 12|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Our tuition varies by grade. Please check out our website www.bcama.org for more information.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- MISSION Bethany Christian Academy is a ministry established by the Christian Education Department of Bethany Assembly of God as a service to the families of its community. Our purpose is to provide a well-rounded academic experience in a Godly, Christ-centered environment. We strive for a total balance of growth academically, spiritually, personally, socially, and physically in the whole child. BCA offers education for students from preschool to twelfth grade.
- PHILOSOPHY BCA is committed to providing a developmentally appropriate environment supported by caring, qualified teachers who stimulate and challenge each child. Through a variety of experiences, each child will develop at their own rate: self-discipline, decision making, independent problem-solving and a positive self-image. We achieve this with a balance between creative and structured educational activities. BCA desires to prepare students for success in a world that needs people of integrity.
- ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE BCA students are tested yearly using the Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). Our students have consistently scored in the higher percentiles. The curriculum and maintained standard of achievement have enabled our students to continue their education at the higher levels through college and university studies.
- ACADEMICS BCA is a recognized Massachusetts Department of Education Private School. We provide a quality educational environment with a traditional phonics based approach to reading. For a complete list of courses offered, please see our website. In addition to core subjects, BCA offers the following: Industrial Arts, Computer Science, Performing Arts, Athletics, Foreign Language, Business and Media Track Programs and College Prep. All students are required to attend age-appropriate weekly chapel classes.
- ATHLETICS BCA is a member of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Worcester County Athletic Conference. We proudly offer opportunity for male and female competitive sports to students in grades 6-12. BCA provides a Christian environment to explore competitive sports in a healthy, fun program. Our teams compete with private and public schools. Our varsity teams have participated in district level competition in Massachusetts. BCA offers volleyball, and all levels of competitive basketball.
Profile last updated: 11/04/2013
Mendon Mendon Mennonite School
(Mennonite)0.5 mi | 17 students | Gr. 1-10
Bellingham Wee Folk Learning Ctr
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.8 mi | 50 students | Gr. K
Milford Milford Catholic Elementary School
(Roman Catholic)3 mi | 181 students | Gr. PK-6 1 Review
Franklin Next Generation Children's Center Franklin
Early Childhood / Day Cares3.8 mi | 175 students | Gr. NS-K
Franklin Franklin KinderCare
Early Childhood / Day Cares4 mi | 136 students | Gr. NS-PK
- October 05, 2013 - Bethany Christian Academy is an absolutely wonderful place to send your children. My children have been attending BCA for 3 years and I couldn’t be more pleased with the lessons they learn, not only on an academic level, but within their moral and value foundation. The teachers, who are outstanding, work with parents in tandem to ensure each child is receiving individual attention and learning at a pace that works for them. My son had difficulty picking up reading and the school offered additional tutoring after school to get him on the right path. Looking at his state test scoring really blew me away, though. He scored over the 90 percentile in most subjects when comparing against other students in the state. That was really telling. The best part is the communication they keep with parents. I also love the fact that the school goes from Pre-school to 12th grade and they offer after before and after school care that is exactly in line with what working parents need at a very affordable price. BCA has been a Godsend to my family and I would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for the best education possible for their children. - Posted by Parent