Marian High School
|School Membership(s)||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Academic Support Class and ESL Language Skills Development Class offered|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||24% (MA School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
(polo shirts in white, navy or gold, with the Marian logo. Slacks-navy, black or khaki for boys or girls. Girls also plaid kilt or navy skirt. Shoes must be worn-no heels, sneakers or flip-flops.)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,600|
|Tuition Notes||Marian High School offers Merit Based Scholarships and Financial Assistance.|
|Admissions Director||Susan Merson, M.Ed.|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Track and Field||Volleyball|
|Total Extracurriculars||20 extracurriculars|
|Amnesty International||Art Fair|
|Christian Outreach||Class Officers|
|Freshman Buddy Program||International Club|
|Literary Magazine||MIT State Science Fair|
|Math Club||Mock Trial|
|National Honor Society||SADD|
|School Musical||Science Fair|
|Student Ambassadors||Student Council|
|Worcester Regional Science & Engineering Fair||Yearbook|
- To deepen the faith life of the Marian community, developing awareness of God's love and promoting Gospel values in our daily lives.
- To provide a strong academic program which recognizes differences while motivating and challenging students to succeed.
- To help students gain a knowledge and awareness of the social teachings of the Church and provide them with opportunities for service and leadership.
- To enable students to think critically, develop an intellectual curiosity and hold learning in high esteem.
- To develop a strong sense of community which encourages communication, values diversity and where all are welcomed.
- To assist students in recognizing and advancing their potential through a variety of learning opportunities and activities.
- To create and promote a positive environment in which the individual is respected, held accountable and encouraged to be compassionate.
- To expand the students' ability to make decisions and accept responsibilty for those decisions.
Profile last updated: 10/10/2012
Related School News:
- Community meeting on how to support children after tragedy - Wicked Local
posted on December 16, 2012 at 10:07:13 pm
Community meeting on how to support children after tragedyWicked Local16 at 7 p.m. at Marian High School, 273 Union Ave., Framingham. Practical suggestions and ...
- POLICE LOG: 12 Crashes, Hudson & Marlborough Men Arrested - Patch.com
posted on December 16, 2012 at 05:55:30 am
POLICE LOG: 12 Crashes, Hudson & Marlborough Men ArrestedPatch.com11:41 a.m. Motor vehicle crash reported at Marian High School, 273 Union Ave. 12:04 p.m. ...
- Weddings and Engagements for Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012 - MetroWest Daily News
posted on December 13, 2012 at 05:55:09 pm
Weddings and Engagements for Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012MetroWest Daily NewsThe future bride is a 2003 graduate of Marian High School, Framingham, earned a Bachelor of ...
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 1.5 mi. away