Casa Di Mir Montessori School
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 6|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||36% (CA School Avg.: 43%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to schedule for Primary/Preschool program.|
|% on Financial Aid||5%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Tara Padget|
- Our students...
- Are encouraged to be independent, self directed learners.
- Are exposed to an incredibly rich curriculum. In addition to "the basics" of science, literature, math, history and geography, our students receive instruction in the arts, botany, zoology, earth sciences and astronomy.
- Are introduced to a rich variety of world cultural studies including international celebrations.
- Learn in a carefully prepared environment with the full spectrum of Montessori materials for multi-sensory learning.
- Are exposed to diverse perspectives and taught to respect different points of view.
- Learn in an atmosphere of respect, honor, peace and warmth.
- Focus on organizational skills. Our strong academics span the needs of challenged learners as well as gifted learners. Our curriculum encourages children to think, to question, and to find the right answers for themselves. Please contact the office for a detailed curriculum guide.
Profile last updated: 09/19/2012
Facebook School Page:
Gr. PK-6 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 0.2 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.4 mi. away
- April 08,2013 - My wife and I are super-pleased with the well rounded education both are kids are getting at Casa. It is a fantastic Montessori school and the teachers are A+. In addition to gaining academic excellence, the children learn about respect develop into sensitive individuals with a peaceful core. The kids'' souls flourish in the Casa environment. You can''t go wrong with Casa -- highly recommended!*-Posted by Parent *
- June 20,2012 - My son has been at Casa Di Mir since he was 3 years old. He is now a confident, intelligent, compassionate and interesting 7 year old. The environment and education at Casa is beyond compare. Without creating an atmosphere of stress and pressure, they foster the child''s love of learning and thereby they achieve excellence in academics. The teachers tailor the work a student does to the individual student - without having to leave his friends, he has been afforded the opportunity to learn material above his grade level in all of the core subjects. Furthermore, he is getting an incredible cultural and social education. He is learning two languages and to play an instrument as well. All students learn spanish but other languages are available includin Chinese and Hindi. Even more important than his academic achievements, is that he is happy and well adjusted and with his age group. In nearly 5 years in this amazing school, I have never seen a child be bullied, resort to violence, or taunt another child. This is an amazing school with a unique and wonderful community and a truly exceptional teaching staff. They have a nice little library and wonderful materials used in the Montessori method of teaching. There is nothing I would change about Casa!*-Posted by Parent *