|School Type||Military School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools
North Central Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||501 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||43% (NM School Avg.: 48%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||95%|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(issue uniform (army standar))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,716|
|Tuition Notes||$11,716 instate and $16,235 out of state INCLUDES: tuition, fees, board, room, insurance, and uniforms first year cost. Cost reduced $2,100 in second and subsequent years for uniforms.|
|% on Financial Aid||75%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||LTC Steve Davis|
|Admissions Associate||MAJ Kris Ward|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving,
Drill Team, Fencing, Football, Golf, Marksmanship,
Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Diving, Drill Team,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||51 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||African American Student Alliance, Arabic Cultural Role Playing, Astronomy Club, Athletic Trainer Squad, Bataan Memorial March - SROTC, Big Brother/Big Sister, Bronco Yearbook, CLOSE UP, Centennial Flame Guard, Chess Club, Choir, Chorale, Choir, Chorus, Color Guard, Constabulary, Drama Troupe, Etiquette Committee, Fencing, First Tee Program of the PGA, German Club, Goss Rifle Team, HAM Radio Club, HOSTS Program (Community Service), High & Low Ropes Course, Information Technology Club, Jazz Band, Leadership Education & Development Club (ROPES Course Facilitators), Martial Art/Self Defense, Math & Science Club, Mc Bride Rifle Team (Air Rifle), Mexican Club, National German Honor Society, National Honor Society, Old Post Chronicles Newspaper, Pacific Islander Club, Paintball, Peer Tutoring, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Photo Squad, Pre-Medical Club, Racquetball, Regimental Band, SPIRIT Club, Shakespeare Festival, Ski Club, Speech & Debate, Swimming Club, The Maverick Magazine, USAFA Falcon Club, Weightlifting Club, Yoga Club|
- NMMI is a demanding, challenging nationally accredited college preparatory education.
- NMMI has a superior faculty and small class size that enables individual attention.
- NMMI is a "Leadership lab" for character and ethical development.
- NMMI is the largest, most successful US Service Academy Preparatory Program in the nation service all 5 US Service Academies.
- NMMI is the largest, most successful US Army 2-Year Army ROTC Early commissioning Program in the nation.
- NMMI has the nation's only "Fitness Factory" for comprehensive Physical Development.
- NMMI's Mission is to produce leaders capable of critical thinking and sound analysis, to produce leaders who possess uncompromising character, and to produce leaders able to meet challenging physical demands.
- NMMI is a safe campus. In AY 2006-2007, our latest Federal Crime Reporting reporting period, we had only 10 minor incidents.
- NMMI graduating seniors composite ACT scores are always higher than New Mexico and National scores, and this is true for AY 2006-2007
- NMMI Junior College Assessment of Academic Proficiency (CAAP) scores consistently exceed national scores in Reading and Mathematics.
- The Corps of Cadets is the heart of NMMI, a "Leadership Lab" where cadets hone leadership skills and build uncompromising character through training, experience, and education. The Corps administers a strict Honor Code, is the center of life skills acquisition, and performs community service -- over 8000 hours in AY 2006-2007.
- The Cadet Honor Code is the foundation of the NMMI Experience. "A cadet will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do." Since its unanimous adoption in 1921, the Code and Cadet Honor System have been maintained and administered by the Corps of Cadets.
- The Corps of Cadets Physical Development Program has demonstrated and documented results in improving cadet physical performance. Faculty and staff, infrastructure, and 21st Century Programs are integral to the continued success of the effort, required of all cadets.
- NMMI fields interscholastic and intercollegiate teams for men and women throughout the school year. At the collegiate level, Athletic Grants in Aid are available for qualified applicants.
- Diversity: NMMI is a culturally diverse campus with cadets from 14 foreign countries, 42 states and the District of Columbia, and 22 New Mexico counties. 53% of the 2007 Corps of Cadets are from culturally diverse populations.
- Service Academy Preparatory Program: NMMI is the ONLY accredited post-secondary institution in the nation to provide a US Service Academy Preparatory Program for sponsored cadets of the 5 federal academies. In AY 2006-2007, 64 sponsored cadets were appointed to the academies; one high school cadet and 7 self-preps were also appointed.
- Reserve Officers Training Corps: NMMI's Senior ROTC Program has been consistently recognized for excellence. In AY 2005-2006, the Us Army Cadet Command recognized the program as one of the top 15% in the nation, of 272 such programs. NMMI commissioned 43 2nd LTs in AYs 2005-2006 and 2006-2007, the largest production of officers of the 5 military junior colleges in the US that conduct the US Army Early Commissioning Progra.
- Finalcial Aid and Scholarships: Financial Aid and Scholarships are available to cadets in need. In AY 2006-2007 approximately 75% of the Corps of Cadets at the high school and college level received aid of some type.
- Information Services: NMMI is a 21st Century Campus where cadets, faculty and staff use information services daily. State-of-the-art hardware and software, Internet, Cable TV, cellular and other telephone systems are integral components of a safe and secure networked campus.
Profile last updated: 09/10/2013
Roswell All Saints Catholic School
(Roman Catholic)1.4 mi | 67 students | Gr. K-9
Roswell Lighthouse Academy
(Pentecostal)1.8 mi | 17 students | Gr. 2-12
Roswell Roswell Baptist Academy
(Baptist)2.1 mi | 8 students | Gr. 2-6
Roswell Noah's Ark Christian Preschool & Kindergarten
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Church of the Nazarene)2.2 mi | 38 students | Gr. K
Roswell Valley Christian Academy
(Christian)2.5 mi | 98 students | Gr. 5-12