Top New Mexico Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 216 top private schools in New Mexico, serving 24,460 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,855 for elementary schools and $10,563 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 87% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 51% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Albuquerque Academy Photo - Albuquerque Academy has a long, proud tradition of scholarly, artistic, and athletic excellence and is considered one of the nation's top independent schools.
Bosque School Photo - Bosque School, founded in 1994, is a challenging college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The campus sits on 45-acres adjacent to the Rio Grande bosque in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Sandia Preparatory School Photo - Sandia Preparatory School provides a rigorous college prep education in a small class setting for grades 6 - 12.
Top New Mexico Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 89 Schools13,126 Students48% Minority
- 1 Schools8 Students63% Minority
- 6 Schools946 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools168 Students89% Minority
- 3 Schools289 Students42% Minority
- 11 Schools1,033 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students54% Minority
- 4 Schools159 Students29% Minority
- 3 Schools257 Students37% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students35% Minority
- 3 Schools144 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students50% Minority
- 10 Schools1,222 Students85% Minority
- 3 Schools303 Students38% Minority
- 8 Schools525 Students93% Minority
- 2 Schools109 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools929 Students39% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students36% Minority
- 13 Schools1,140 Students69% Minority
- 28 Schools2,845 Students46% Minority
- 1 Schools66 Students26% Minority
- 2 Schools397 Students98% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students95% Minority
- 2 Schools32 Students40% Minority
- 8 Schools400 Students62% Minority
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.