Top New Mexico Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 213 top private schools in New Mexico, serving 24,221 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,959 for elementary schools and $10,513 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 87% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 51% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Albuquerque Academy Photo - Albuquerque Academy has a long, proud tradition of scholarly, artistic, and athletic excellence and is considered one of the nation's top independent schools.
Sandia Preparatory School Photo - Sandia Preparatory School provides a rigorous college prep education in a small class setting for grades 6 - 12.
Acton Academy Mesilla Valley Photo - We are so pleased that our children are students in this remarkable school! We have seen so much personal growth in both of them as the year has progressed! They are excited to go to school everyday and accomplish so much while they are there. The families at Acton are really wonderful, and we have been nothing but impressed with
New Mexico Military Institute Photo - The Corps of Cadets, led by the Cadet Regimental Commander, is a "leadership lab" where cadets hone their leadership skills and character through education, training, and experience.
Camino De Paz School Photo - Using unit ratio to calculate number of quarts of milk needed to make yogurt.
Pathways Academy Photo - A key part of our educational experience is getting out of the classroom, and the building, to be in the community and experience things as a group. We learn and grow together through our field trips.
St Francis School Photo - This is us: the good, the bad, the shy, the outgoing, the playful, the serious - clearly diversity at its best, but a great group of people.
Top New Mexico Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 87 Schools12,807 Students48% Minority
- 1 Schools8 Students63% Minority
- 6 Schools946 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools168 Students89% Minority
- 3 Schools516 Students42% Minority
- 11 Schools1,033 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students54% Minority
- 4 Schools159 Students29% Minority
- 3 Schools257 Students37% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students35% Minority
- 3 Schools144 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students50% Minority
- 10 Schools1,222 Students85% Minority
- 3 Schools328 Students38% Minority
- 7 Schools514 Students94% Minority
- 2 Schools109 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools929 Students39% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students36% Minority
- 13 Schools1,138 Students69% Minority
- 27 Schools2,682 Students45% Minority
- 1 Schools66 Students26% Minority
- 2 Schools397 Students98% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students95% Minority
- 2 Schools32 Students40% Minority
- 7 Schools390 Students63% Minority
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.