Top New Mexico Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 219 top private schools in New Mexico, serving 24,115 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,813 for elementary schools and $10,437 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 51% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Bosque School Photo - Bosque School, founded in 1994, is a challenging college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The campus sits on 45-acres adjacent to the Rio Grande bosque in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Sandia Preparatory School Photo - Sandia Preparatory School provides a rigorous college prep education in a small class setting for grades 6 - 12.
St Thomas Aquinas School Photo - Sister Anne Louise spends instructional time with STAS 1st grade class.
St Francis School Photo - This is us: the good, the bad, the shy, the outgoing, the playful, the serious - clearly diversity at its best, but a great group of people.
Hope Christian Schools Inc Photo - Hope Christian Pre-K students celebrating their graduation to Kindergarten!
Pathways Academy Photo - Our goal is to help struggling students find success. Many students struggle with behaviors that cause classroom problems. We work on behavior as well as academics in a non-therapeutic setting.
Albuquerque Academy Photo - Albuquerque Academy's central path connects the West Campus, home to grades 6 and 7, to the East Campus, where grades 8-12 reside. The Library and Science Center are located at the mid-point of the path.
Top New Mexico Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 89 Schools12,806 Students48% Minority
- 1 Schools8 Students63% Minority
- 6 Schools946 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools168 Students89% Minority
- 3 Schools300 Students42% Minority
- 11 Schools1,033 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students54% Minority
- 4 Schools159 Students29% Minority
- 3 Schools243 Students37% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students35% Minority
- 3 Schools144 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students50% Minority
- 10 Schools1,165 Students85% Minority
- 3 Schools304 Students38% Minority
- 8 Schools525 Students93% Minority
- 2 Schools109 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools908 Students39% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students36% Minority
- 12 Schools1,034 Students69% Minority
- 30 Schools2,973 Students47% Minority
- 1 Schools66 Students26% Minority
- 2 Schools397 Students98% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students95% Minority
- 2 Schools32 Students40% Minority
- 8 Schools400 Students62% Minority
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.