Top New Mexico Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 213 top private schools in New Mexico, serving 24,189 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,959 for elementary schools and $10,513 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 87% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 51% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Acton Academy Mesilla Valley Photo - We are so pleased that our children are students in this remarkable school! We have seen so much personal growth in both of them as the year has progressed! They are excited to go to school everyday and accomplish so much while they are there. The families at Acton are really wonderful, and we have been nothing but impressed with
Bosque School Photo - Bosque School, founded in 1994, is a challenging college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The campus sits on 45-acres adjacent to the Rio Grande bosque in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Sandia Preparatory School Photo - Sandia Preparatory School provides a rigorous college prep education in a small class setting for grades 6 - 12.
St Thomas Aquinas School Photo - Sister Anne Louise spends instructional time with STAS 1st grade class.
Camino De Paz School Photo - Using unit ratio to calculate number of quarts of milk needed to make yogurt.
Acton Academy Albuquerque Photo - Even the K-1 Studio has their own student contract designed by the kids!
Top New Mexico Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 87 Schools12,807 Students48% Minority
- 1 Schools8 Students63% Minority
- 6 Schools946 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools168 Students89% Minority
- 3 Schools516 Students42% Minority
- 11 Schools1,033 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students54% Minority
- 4 Schools159 Students29% Minority
- 3 Schools257 Students37% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students35% Minority
- 3 Schools144 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students50% Minority
- 10 Schools1,222 Students85% Minority
- 3 Schools328 Students38% Minority
- 7 Schools514 Students94% Minority
- 2 Schools109 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools929 Students39% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students36% Minority
- 13 Schools1,138 Students69% Minority
- 27 Schools2,682 Students45% Minority
- 1 Schools66 Students26% Minority
- 2 Schools397 Students98% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students95% Minority
- 2 Schools32 Students40% Minority
- 7 Schools390 Students63% Minority
The desired result of taking the admissions test, visiting schools and submitting all that paperwork is to receive an acceptance letter. Here's how to handle this part of the admissions process.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.