Top New Mexico Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 214 top private schools in New Mexico, serving 24,294 students.
- The average private school tuition is $7,030 for elementary schools and $10,560 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 87% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 51% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Acton Academy Las Cruces Inc. Photo - We are so pleased that our children are students in this remarkable school! We have seen so much personal growth in both of them as the year has progressed! They are excited to go to school everyday and accomplish so much while they are there. The families at Acton are really wonderful, and we have been nothing but impressed with
Albuquerque Academy Photo - Albuquerque Academy has a long, proud tradition of scholarly, artistic, and athletic excellence and is considered one of the nation's top independent schools.
New Mexico Military Institute Photo - The Corps of Cadets, led by the Cadet Regimental Commander, is a "leadership lab" where cadets hone their leadership skills and character through education, training, and experience.
St Francis School Photo - This is us: the good, the bad, the shy, the outgoing, the playful, the serious - clearly diversity at its best, but a great group of people.
Hope Christian Schools Inc Photo - Hope Christian Pre-K students celebrating their graduation to Kindergarten!
St Thomas Aquinas School Photo - Sister Anne Louise spends instructional time with STAS 1st grade class.
Pathways Academy Photo - A key part of our educational experience is getting out of the classroom, and the building, to be in the community and experience things as a group. We learn and grow together through our field trips.
Top New Mexico Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 87 Schools12,807 Students48% Minority
- 1 Schools8 Students63% Minority
- 6 Schools946 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools168 Students89% Minority
- 3 Schools516 Students42% Minority
- 11 Schools1,033 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students54% Minority
- 4 Schools159 Students29% Minority
- 3 Schools257 Students37% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students35% Minority
- 3 Schools144 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students50% Minority
- 10 Schools1,222 Students85% Minority
- 3 Schools328 Students38% Minority
- 7 Schools514 Students94% Minority
- 2 Schools109 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools929 Students39% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students36% Minority
- 13 Schools1,138 Students69% Minority
- 27 Schools2,682 Students45% Minority
- 1 Schools66 Students26% Minority
- 2 Schools397 Students98% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students95% Minority
- 2 Schools32 Students40% Minority
- 7 Schools390 Students63% Minority
The benefits of studying a dead language.
Tuition at private schools varies from nothing at a few schools to over $100,000 for the most expensive school.
Finding a school which will accept your child after the normal admissions deadline has passed is not easy. But it can be done.