Top New Mexico Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 219 top private schools in New Mexico, serving 24,246 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,909 for elementary schools and $10,497 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 86% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 51% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Sandia Preparatory School Photo - Sandia Preparatory School provides a rigorous college prep education in a small class setting for grades 6 - 12.
Bosque School Photo - Bosque School, founded in 1994, is a challenging college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The campus sits on 45-acres adjacent to the Rio Grande bosque in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Albuquerque Academy Photo - Albuquerque Academy has a long, proud tradition of scholarly, artistic, and athletic excellence and is considered one of the nation's top independent schools.
New Mexico Military Institute Photo - The Corps of Cadets, led by the Cadet Regimental Commander, is a "leadership lab" where cadets hone their leadership skills and character through education, training, and experience.
St Francis School Photo - This is us: the good, the bad, the shy, the outgoing, the playful, the serious - clearly diversity at its best, but a great group of people.
Top New Mexico Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 89 Schools12,806 Students48% Minority
- 1 Schools8 Students63% Minority
- 6 Schools946 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools168 Students89% Minority
- 3 Schools300 Students42% Minority
- 11 Schools1,033 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students54% Minority
- 4 Schools159 Students29% Minority
- 3 Schools243 Students37% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students35% Minority
- 3 Schools144 Students52% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students50% Minority
- 10 Schools1,165 Students85% Minority
- 3 Schools304 Students38% Minority
- 8 Schools525 Students93% Minority
- 2 Schools109 Students9% Minority
- 12 Schools908 Students39% Minority
- 2 Schools243 Students36% Minority
- 12 Schools1,034 Students69% Minority
- 30 Schools2,973 Students47% Minority
- 1 Schools66 Students26% Minority
- 2 Schools397 Students98% Minority
- 1 Schools61 Students95% Minority
- 2 Schools32 Students40% Minority
- 8 Schools400 Students62% Minority
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.