Acton Academy Albuquerque
Acton Academy Albuquerque is a private, entrepreneurial micro school focused on building community, critical thinking, and self-direction. Our students are on a Hero's Journey to find their calling and change the world. If you're looking for a place your child can work at their own pace, fail early, cheaply and often, and build strong character, Acton may be the place for you.
- Acton Academy Turns Traditional Learning Upside Down - 01/15/2018By inverting the traditional power structure of schooling so that students are in control, Acton has made a difference in the lives of thousands of young people.
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
+$400 annual registration fee.2020-2021 Tuition changes to $9000 regardless of age as we are moving to a new location.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- Shouldn't school be preparing kids to succeed as adults? The world is in a constant state of change. In addition to strong academics, our kids will need to be strong communicators, collaborators, agile critical thinkers, and calculated risk takers. They won't develop those skills regurgitating information on tests.
- Our students set their own goals, work at their own pace in core skills like math and grammar, use accountability and governance systems to run their own Studios, and participate in Socratic discussions and hands on projects.
- They learn to lead by serving others. Oh, and we don't assign homework. Ever. If you're an out of the box thinker looking for a learning environment that will foster creativity, agency, kindness, and entrepreneurship, then we are the school for you.
- Acton Academy Albuquerque is a mastery-based, learner driven school for grades K-12.
Endorse Acton Academy Albuquerque. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.