Acton Academy Albuquerque
- Acton Academy Albuquerque is a private, entrepreneurial micro school focused on building community, critical thinking, and self-direction. Our students are on a Hero's Journey to find their calling and change the world. If you're looking for a place your child can work at their own pace, fail early, cheaply and often, and build strong character, Acton may be the place for you.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,800|
|Tuition Notes||+$400 annual registration fee.2020-2021 Tuition changes to $9000 regardless of age as we are moving to a new location.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shannon Baldwin|
- Shouldn't school be preparing kids to succeed as adults? The world is in a constant state of change. In addition to strong academics, our kids will need to be strong communicators, collaborators, agile critical thinkers, and calculated risk takers. They won't develop those skills regurgitating information on tests.
- Our students set their own goals, work at their own pace in core skills like math and grammar, use accountability and governancesystems to run their own Studios, and participate in Socratic discussions and hands on projects.
- They learn to lead by serving others. Oh, and we don't assign homework. Ever. If you're an out of the box thinker looking for a learning environment that will foster creativity, agency, kindness, and entrepreneurship, then we are the school for you.
- Acton Academy Albuquerque is a mastery-based, learner driven school for grades K-12.
Profile last updated:
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.