Manzano Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (505) 243-6659
- The school has a structured curriculum. In addition to the core curriculum of math, English, social studies, science and math all students from pre-kindergarten through fifth grade also have six co-currciular subject areas.
- The co-curricular areas are Spanish , art, music, physical education, library studies and technology lab. We have a dedicated science lab and an environmental study program at Fenton Ranch.We also have an extended program before and after school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1999|
|Total Students||468 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 52%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,185|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-k tuition 11105 Kindergarten tuition 12685 1st to 5th tuition 14185|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Madonna Prokopiak|
|Admissions Associate||Emily Villegas|
- Manzano Day School, founded in 1938, is an independent, nonsectarian elementary school dedicated to innovative child-centered education, excellence in teaching and Joy in Learning to prepare children for a life of discovery and community involvement in our diverse world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-5 | 325 students
3020 Morris St Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87111
(505) 298-7626 8.2 PK-5
- Albuquerque Grades: K-12 | 62 students
3100 Menaul Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
(505) 358-1163 3.4 K-12
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-K | 160 students
5212 Homestead Rd
Albuquerque, NM 87110
(505) 884-0399 5.2 PK-K
- Albuquerque Grades: K-12 | 89 students
6013 Paradise Blvd Nw
Albuquerque, NM 87114
(505) 898-4508 7.5 K-12
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-8 | 362 students
224 7th St Nw
Albuquerque, NM 87102
(505) 338-1719 0.8 PK-8
I am both a parent of a student and alumni of Manzano Day School. This is an amazing school, with a wonderful staff and curriculum. The availability of programs like art, music and Fenton Ranch was huge for us. An excellent investment!
- Posted by Parent - Marc
Manzano Day School is by far the best PreK-5 school in Albuquerque. It's faculty is highliy qualified and devotes an incredible amount of time to each student.
- Posted by Parent - Dave
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.