A Child's Garden Preschool
- A Child's Garden Preschool, a non-sectarian community outreach program of First Presbyterian Church, is committed to providing a developmentally appropriate learning environment for a diverse population of young children ages 10 months through pre-Kindergarten.
- The professional staff understands and is sensitive to the individual needs, cultural heritage and identity of each child.
- A Child's Garden's approach to early childhood education is based on some assumptions about children and how they learn and develop.
- The program has evolved from beliefs about what is developmentally appropriate for young children based on these assumptions, as they have been confirmed by current research and practice.
- Young children affect their growing edge as they actively and continually manipulate the immediate environment at home, at school, and in each encounter in the life-word of the child.
- As the young child constructs, explores, imitates and tests, through 'playful modes of knowing', social, emotional, physical and cognitive development occurs.
- All of these areas of development are inextricably linked and cannot be separated.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||171 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: NS-6 | 190 students
9360 Holly Avenue NE
Albuquerque, NM 87122
(505)822-5150 8.4 NS-6
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-5 | 333 students
3020 Morris St Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87111
(505)298-7626 6.8 PK-5
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.