Montessori ONE Academy
Tel: (505) 822-5150
Montessori ONE Academy Photo #2 - Montessori ONE Preschool and Elementary Academies are the only AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) accredited schools in Albuquerque.
Montessori ONE Academy Photo #3 - "The Prepared Environment" is an anchor of an authentic Montessori approach. Montessori ONE's environment designed to meet the needs, abilities, interests, and development of children in each class, adapted to the children, by modifying the physical layout and focus of the class.
- Montessori ONE Academy is a private school serving children ages 6 weeks through 6th grade.
- Montessori ONE utilizes the Montessori Method to provide a superior preschool education to meet the needs of the diverse families.
- Through its commitment to Montessori and the use of Montessori materials and training, the school provides an environment that encourages the balanced development of body, mind and spirit leading to the fulfillment of each child`s individual academic and personal potential.
- Brand new, state of the art Elementary facility is scheduled opened Fall 2015.
- Montessori ONE Featured on Good Day New Mexico, Albuquerque Business First, and more! - 05/11/2017 - Visit our Media Room with several articles featuring Montessori ONE and our founder, Tina Patel.
Montessori ONE Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on program selected|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tina Patel|
|Admissions Associate||Kate Kacou|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, crafts, Dance and Gymnastics, Gardening, Music Lessons, Physical Education, Spanish
- Montessori ONE Academy offers the following programs:
INFANT PROGRAM: 6 weeks through walking - OPENING SUMMER 2018
- TODDLER PROGRAM: Ages walking through 3
PRESCHOOL PROGRAM: Ages 3 Years 6 Years
ELEMENTARY PROGRAM: Grades 1 through 6.
- Teachers educated in the Montessori philosophy and methodology who have the ability, dedication, and passion to put the key concepts into practice.
- A multi-aged, multi-level group of students learning together.
- A diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative, and social independence.
- A schedule that provides blocks of uninterrupted time to problem solve, to create new ideas, and to see the interdisciplinary connection of knowledge.
- Provide a classroom environment that encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, and emotional development.
- Allow children to learn at their own pace by providing individual and small group lessons.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-5 | 325 students
3020 Morris St Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87111
(505) 298-7626 4.1 PK-5
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-K | 46 students
11216 Phoenix Ave Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87112
(505) 299-2527 4.6 PK-K
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-K | 47 students
3740 Eubank Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87111
(505) 263-3692 3.5 PK-K
- Albuquerque Grades: NS-PK | 171 students
215 Locust Street Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87102
(505) 764-2920 8.4 NS-PK
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.