Montessori ONE Academy
Montessori ONE Academy Photo #2 - "The Prepared Environment" is an anchor of an authentic Montessori approach. Montessori ONE's environment designed to meet the needs, abilities, interests, and development of children in each class, adapted to the children, by modifying the physical layout and focus of the class.
- Montessori ONE Academy is a private school serving children ages 6 weeks through 6th grade.
- Montessori ONE utilizes the Montessori Method to provide a superior preschool education to meet the needs of the diverse families.
- Through its commitment to Montessori and the use of Montessori materials and training, the school provides an environment that encourages the balanced development of body, mind and spirit leading to the fulfillment of each child`s individual academic and personal potential.
- Brand new, state of the art Elementary facility is scheduled opened Fall 2015.
Montessori ONE Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on program selected|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tina Patel|
|Admissions Associate||Kate Kacou|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, crafts, Dance and Gymnastics, Gardening, Music Lessons, Physical Education, Spanish
- Montessori ONE Academy offers the following programs:
INFANT PROGRAM: 6 weeks through walking - OPENING SUMMER 2018
- TODDLER PROGRAM: Ages walking through 3
PRESCHOOL PROGRAM: Ages 3 Years 6 Years
ELEMENTARY PROGRAM: Grades 1 through 6.
- Teachers educated in the Montessori philosophy and methodology who have the ability, dedication, and passion to put the key concepts into practice.
- A multi-aged, multi-level group of students learning together.
- A diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative, and social independence.
- A schedule that provides blocks of uninterrupted time to problem solve, to create new ideas, and to see the interdisciplinary connection of knowledge.
- Provide a classroom environment that encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, and emotional development.
- Allow children to learn at their own pace by providing individual and small group lessons.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: NS | 55 students
11216 Phoenix Ave Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87112
(505)299-2527 4.6 NS
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-5 | 333 students
3020 Morris St Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87111
(505)298-7626 4.1 PK-5
- Albuquerque Grades: NS-PK | 171 students
215 Locust Street Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87102
(505)764-2920 8.4 NS-PK
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-8 | 152 students
7201b Montgomery Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)872-0777 4.6 PK-8
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.