Escuela Del Sol Montessori School
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
Mar. 15 / rolling
Escuela del Sol Montessori is a school for life! From 18 months through Junior High, this school is a community that fosters a life-time of learning. At Escuela, academic excellence is paired with personal and social development. The faculty is comprised of individuals whose education, experience and dedication make them uniquely qualified to be the guides and mentors our students need.
- The Montessori method provides a hopeful and possible framework to guide us toward an education relevant to today's needs. The polestar for our work at Escuela is the view of life as an intricate and inter-related whole, understanding that natural processes drive everything and with it, the assertion that everything I do affects you. Dr Montessori recognized the need for an integrated approach to the education of children.
- Our organization, Escuela del Sol and its Harwood Art Center, has the following mission: "To Inspire a Passion for Life-Long Learning."
- At Escuela, we believe that all children have potential and an inherent passion for learning, and that teachers have a unique opportunity to fuel that passion into a lifelong pursuit. While the focus of most educational systems is on test scores, Escuela has a long-term holistic approach to education. Using innovative teaching methods, our school not only achieves academic excellence, we also nurture creative thinking and self-direction to truly prepare children to meet any future challenge or pursuit with confidence.
- Our classrooms are stimulating, prepared environments in which children are provided the tools and freedom to experiment. In contrast to memorize/recall or competitive teaching methods, this positive, active approach develops self-motivation, self-discipline, and a true understanding of the abstract concepts that underscore critical thinking throughout life.
- In our multi-age classrooms, with the support of our professionally trained Montessori teachers, children learn to collaborate, mentor and socialize with respect and empathy, traits that are further developed through participation in a variety of Escuela-sponsored community outreach programs.
- As an extension of the core philosophy of the school, the Harwood Art Center offers adults and youths throughout the community an opportunity for self-enrichment through creative exploration and expression.
- Escuela del Sol has the distinction of being the first Montessori school in New Mexico fully accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS). We offer our congratulations to Keres Children's Learning Center, Cochiti Lake, NM on becoming the second school to hold an accreditation from AMS! Our Early Childhood programs are licensed through the State's Early Childhood Education and Care Department (ECECD). We are members of the North American Montessori Teachers Association (NAMTA).
Profile last updated:
I have been very pleased with my son's educational experiences at Escuela del Sol Montessori School. The school tends to the "whole child" - socially, emotionally and intellectually. They foster both collaboration and independence through a self directed learning environment and engage students by prioritizing curiosity and learning activities that engage multiple types of learning styles and modalities.
It is my absolute pleasure to work at Escuela del Sol Montessori. I love watching our children flourish, become critical thinkers, be joyful learners, become involved in the community and care about the world around them!
I would highly recommend Escuela del Sol Montessori. Our daughter has attended Escuela del Sol Montessori since she was 18 months and is currently a student in the elementary program. Escuela del Sol Montessori is a nurturing and caring environment where the teachers encourage creative thinking, create personalized learning and embrace individuality. Our daughter is self motivated, loves to learn and loves her teachers. The mixed age classroom allows her to learn from older students while mentoring younger students thereby reinforcing her knowledge. The music and art programs are exceptional at Escuela del Sol Montessori and it is the perfect school to prepare our daughter academically and socially for the future.
Endorse Escuela Del Sol Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.