Escuela del Sol Montessori, an independent not-for-profit school in Albuquerque, NM, provides the best educational conditions to engage and nurture every child's innate passion to learn.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Mar. 15 / rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Art+Sol After School Art Enrichment
Art+Sol After School Art Enrichment
Escuela del Sol Montessori is a school for life! From 18 months through Junior High, this school is a community that fosters a life-time of learning. At Escuela, academic excellence is paired with personal and social development. The faculty is comprised of individuals whose education, experience and dedication make them uniquely qualified to be the guides and mentors our students need.
- The Montessori method provides a hopeful and possible framework to guide us toward an education relevant to today's needs. The polestar for our work at Escuela is the view of life as an intricate and inter-related whole, understanding that natural processes drive everything and with it, the assertion that everything I do affects you. Dr Montessori recognized the need for an integrated approach to the education of children.
- Our organization, Escuela del Sol and its Harwood Art Center, has the following mission: "To Inspire a Passion for Life-Long Learning."
- At Escuela, we believe that all children have potential and an inherent passion for learning, and that teachers have a unique opportunity to fuel that passion into a lifelong pursuit. While the focus of most educational systems is on test scores, Escuela has a long-term holistic approach to education. Using innovative teaching methods, our school not only achieves academic excellence, we also nurture creative thinking and self-direction to truly prepare children to meet any future challenge or pursuit with confidence.
- Our classrooms are stimulating, prepared environments in which children are provided the tools and freedom to experiment. In contrast to memorize/recall or competitive teaching methods, this positive, active approach develops self-motivation, self-discipline, and a true understanding of the abstract concepts that underscore critical thinking throughout life.
- In our multi-age classrooms, with the support of our professionally trained Montessori teachers, children learn to collaborate, mentor and socialize with respect and empathy, traits that are further developed through participation in a variety of Escuela-sponsored community outreach programs.
- As an extension of the core philosophy of the school, the Harwood Art Center offers adults and youths throughout the community an opportunity for self-enrichment through creative exploration and expression.
- Escuela del Sol has the distinction of being the first Montessori school in New Mexico fully accredited by theAmerican Montessori Society (AMS). We offer our congratulations to Keres Children's Learning Center, Cochiti Lake, NM on becoming the second school to hold an accreditation from AMS! Our Early Childhood programs arelicensed through the State's Early Childhood Education and Care Department (ECECD). We are membersof theNorth American Montessori Teachers Association (NAMTA).
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Escuela Del Sol Montessori School's ranking?
Escuela Del Sol Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Escuela Del Sol Montessori School?
The application deadline for Escuela Del Sol Montessori School is Mar. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Mar. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
I have been very pleased with my son's educational experiences at Escuela del Sol Montessori School. The school tends to the "whole child" - socially, emotionally and intellectually. They foster both collaboration and independence through a self directed learning environment and engage students by prioritizing curiosity and learning activities that engage multiple types of learning styles and modalities.
It is my absolute pleasure to work at Escuela del Sol Montessori. I love watching our children flourish, become critical thinkers, be joyful learners, become involved in the community and care about the world around them!
I would highly recommend Escuela del Sol Montessori. Our daughter has attended Escuela del Sol Montessori since she was 18 months and is currently a student in the elementary program. Escuela del Sol Montessori is a nurturing and caring environment where the teachers encourage creative thinking, create personalized learning and embrace individuality. Our daughter is self motivated, loves to learn and loves her teachers. The mixed age classroom allows her to learn from older students while mentoring younger students thereby reinforcing her knowledge. The music and art programs are exceptional at Escuela del Sol Montessori and it is the perfect school to prepare our daughter academically and socially for the future.
Endorse Escuela Del Sol Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.