Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Adventures of Supercomputing, Advocate (student newspaper), Bel Canto (classical singing), Best Buddies, Bible Club, Celtic Band, Chess Club, Class Officers, Classics Club, Club Shred, Computer Club, Connect (community service club), Cool Breeze (female vocal jazz), Creative Writing Club, Dance Troupe, Dean’s Council, DECA - Business Club, Economics Club, En Pointe Dance, Environmental Club, Feminism Club, Figure Drawing Club, Finnegan's Wake Club, French Club, Girls Who Code, Hispanic Student Association, Honor Guitar Quartet, Jeopardy Club, Jewish Student Association, Latin American Guitar Ensemble, Latin Club, Life Hacks, Magic: The Gathering Club, MANdance, Mariachi Band, Meditation Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Musical, Open Studio - Visual Art, Other Voices (literary magazine), Pep Band, Philosophy Club, Puzzle Society, Quiz Bowl Team, Read to Excel Tutoring Program, Relaxation Club, Roots Music Club, SAGA (Sexuality and Gender Alliance), Scholarships Club, Science Bowl, Science Olympiad, SDLC (Student Diversity Leadership Club), Shakespeare Festival, Sirens (female-only a cappella), Spanish Club, Speech and Debate, Steel Drum Band, Strategy Games Club, Student Diversity Leadership Club, Student Senate, Student-Directed One Act Plays, Technical Theater, TedX Youth Day, Thespians, Ultimate Frisbee, Unaccompanied Minors (modern a capella), UNM-PNM Statewide Mathematics Contest, Yearbook
- The academic program at Albuquerque Academy is at the heart of our school, and the school`s mission is lived out daily in the wide array of rich learning experiences we offer students. Whether they are participating in Model UN, coding in AP statistics, contrasting the philosophies of Zen Buddhism with those of western thinkers, or critiquing a portfolio of self-portraits, we aim to nurture children`s natural passion for learning and to instill habits of life-long curiosity and reflection.
- Our approach to teaching, to student leadership, to community service, and to the many other aspects of school life reflects our hope that we will model and instill in students our most deeply held values of kindness, empathy, creativity, inclusion, justice, life-long learning, and connection to the natural world and to the Southwest. We believe that a liberal arts education is vital to becoming a global citizen in a world where future jobs have not yet been fully imagined, and we believe our students graduate from the Academy knowing how to think; how to understand their own worldview and those of others; how to find and then evaluate information; how to construct and analyze an argument; and how to communicate clearly, authentically, and diplomatically.
- We also believe that students leave our school with an internalized sense of the Academy`s mission - that it is their privilege and responsibility to serve country and community with wisdom, conviction, and compassion.
Endorse Albuquerque Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards