- Dedicated to attracting some of the finest students and teachers in the country, Albuquerque Academy is a college preparatory day school enrolling 1,149 students in grades 6-12.
- Founded in 1955, the Academy serves the greater Albuquerque area and commits its resources to a mission comprising accessibility, excellence, caring, and outreach.This mission, along with the Academy's generous financial aid program has fostered one of the strongest student bodies in the nation, with more than 125 National Merit Semifinalists over the past four years.
- Emphasizing mastery of fundamentals and independent judgment, the Academy seeks the full academic, creative, moral, and physical development of each student, and offers a challenging curriculum with 25 Advanced Placement courses, as well as experiential education, global languages, and community service programs.
- Opportunities are plentiful in the visual and performing arts, athletics, and a wide range of extracurricular activities.
- New students are admitted at the beginning of each school year; the admission application deadline is January 31, 2020.
- For complete information on admission and financial assistance, please visit our website at www.aa.edu or call the Admission Office.
Albuquerque Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
New Mexico Association of Non Public Schools (NMANS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and/or other diagnosed learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Albuquerque Academy has a robust summer program. Learn more at https://www.aa.edu/thinksummer.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 51%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||166 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1390|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,795|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes lunch|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,871|
|Admissions Director||Amy Eglinton Keller|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Seligman|
|Endowment Size||$83 million|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||69 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Adventures of Supercomputing, Advocate (student newspaper), Bel Canto (classical singing), Best Buddies, Bible Club, Celtic Band, Chess Club, Class Officers, Classics Club, Club Shred, Computer Club, Connect (community service club), Cool Breeze (female vocal jazz), Creative Writing Club, Dance Troupe, Dean’s Council, DECA - Business Club, Economics Club, En Pointe Dance, Environmental Club, Feminism Club, Figure Drawing Club, Finnegan's Wake Club, French Club, Girls Who Code, Hispanic Student Association, Honor Guitar Quartet, Jeopardy Club, Jewish Student Association, Latin American Guitar Ensemble, Latin Club, Life Hacks, Magic: The Gathering Club, MANdance, Mariachi Band, Meditation Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Musical, Open Studio - Visual Art, Other Voices (literary magazine), Pep Band, Philosophy Club, Puzzle Society, Quiz Bowl Team, Read to Excel Tutoring Program, Relaxation Club, Roots Music Club, SAGA (Sexuality and Gender Alliance), Scholarships Club, Science Bowl, Science Olympiad, SDLC (Student Diversity Leadership Club), Shakespeare Festival, Sirens (female-only a cappella), Spanish Club, Speech and Debate, Steel Drum Band, Strategy Games Club, Student Diversity Leadership Club, Student Senate, Student-Directed One Act Plays, Technical Theater, TedX Youth Day, Thespians, Ultimate Frisbee, Unaccompanied Minors (modern a capella), UNM-PNM Statewide Mathematics Contest, Yearbook
- Albuquerque Academy is a learning environment where labels and boundaries don`t apply. Academy students can find their places on the playing fields, in the art and music studios, in advanced classes within the disciplines they love, and among dozens of extracurricular options. They can count on the support of their teachers, advisers, and counselors -- whether that means being encouraged to take on a new challenge or getting help when they struggle.
- An Academy graduate is prepared for life`s next steps; our alumni tell us the work they did here and the skills they learned well prepared them for college.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-12 | 1156 students
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)821-2513 1.6 PK-12
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-8 | 152 students
7201b Montgomery Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)872-0777 2.7 PK-8
I have two girls grade 6 and 8 at the Academy. Both are thriving and love their school. Academic requirements are very challenging and they encourage the kids to grow in knowledge, maturity and awareness of others. I could not have designed a better program for my girls.
- Posted by Parent - kustr
Cross country and track are amazing. I got very fit. Guitar is fun and there are many after school activities. There is also a club swim team. Ex Ed is camping and we camp on private land in bear canyon and it is great.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Darap