Albuquerque Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in New Mexico for:
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
Adventures of Supercomputing, Advocate (student newspaper), Bel Canto (classical singing), Best Buddies, Bible Club, Celtic Band, Chess Club, Class Officers, Classics Club, Club Shred, Computer Club, Connect (community service club), Cool Breeze (female vocal jazz), Creative Writing Club, Dance Troupe, Dean’s Council, DECA - Business Club, Economics Club, En Pointe Dance, Environmental Club, Feminism Club, Figure Drawing Club, Finnegan's Wake Club, French Club, Girls Who Code, Hispanic Student Association, Honor Guitar Quartet, Jeopardy Club, Jewish Student Association, Latin American Guitar Ensemble, Latin Club, Life Hacks, Magic: The Gathering Club, MANdance, Mariachi Band, Meditation Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Musical, Open Studio - Visual Art, Other Voices (literary magazine), Pep Band, Philosophy Club, Puzzle Society, Quiz Bowl Team, Read to Excel Tutoring Program, Relaxation Club, Roots Music Club, SAGA (Sexuality and Gender Alliance), Scholarships Club, Science Bowl, Science Olympiad, SDLC (Student Diversity Leadership Club), Shakespeare Festival, Sirens (female-only a cappella), Spanish Club, Speech and Debate, Steel Drum Band, Strategy Games Club, Student Diversity Leadership Club, Student Senate, Student-Directed One Act Plays, Technical Theater, TedX Youth Day, Thespians, Ultimate Frisbee, Unaccompanied Minors (modern a capella), UNM-PNM Statewide Mathematics Contest, Yearbook
- Albuquerque Academy is a non-denominational, coeducational, independent day school for approximately 1,150 students in grades six through 12. The Academy offers students an education that is without equal in the Southwest.
- The Academy prides itself on offering an educational program based on creative, independent doing and thinking. The school motto, "scientia ad faciendum," or "knowledge for the sake of doing," reflects an underlying philosophy of achieving knowledge that is actionable.
- The Academy`s educational program emphasizes six fundamental academic disciplines: English, history, mathematics, world languages, science, and performing and visual arts. Study in all six disciplines is required each year through grade 9. A decreasing number of requirements in the upper grades allows for a wider choice of electives.
- Students are organized by grade into three divisions: grades 6-7, grades 8-9, and grades 10-12. These groupings allow for small, close-knit, and nurturing environments able to serve the needs and interests of all students. Each division provides students with a comfortable, supportive atmosphere in which to learn and thrive. The three divisions often come together for all-school assemblies and school-wide activities. The Academy`s 312-acre main campus includes the West Campus (grades 6-7), and the East Campus (grades 8-12).
Endorse Albuquerque Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards