Sandia Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Sandia Preparatory School Photo #2 - Sandia Preparatory School provides a rigorous college prep education in a small class setting for grades 6 - 12.
Sandia Preparatory School Photo #3 - Founded in 1966, Sandia Prep offers advanced courses balanced with comprehensive arts and athletics.
Sandia Preparatory School Photo #8 - No-cut athletics, beginning in sixth grade, produce State champions
Sandia Preparatory School Photo #9 - Comprehensive college guidance beginning in grade 9. Dual enrollment courses offered for college credit.
- More than just a campus, Sandia Prep is a community, bringing together innovative, advanced classes, dynamic arts and athletics, and leadership opportunities for every type of student. At Sandia Preparatory School we provide remarkable opportunities for intellectual and personal growth within a challenging and balanced program for students in grades 6 - 12.
- Our innovative college prep curriculum prepares students for success in college and beyond, and inspires each to find and achieve his or her purpose in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia / Individualized Education Paln|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||521 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 52%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 18 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,410|
|Tuition Notes||for 2020-2021|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Laura Fitzpatrick|
|Admissions Associate||Patricia Snow|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||48 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ACT Prep, Chess, DirtDevils Gardening, Empower Prep, eSports, Greendevils Environmental Club, Helping Hands Community Service, Japanese Club, La Chispa Literary Magazine, MathCounts, Medieval Times, Middle School Helping Hands Community Service Club, Mock Trial, Model U.N., National Honor Society, Native American Sandia Prep Alliance, Outdoor Leadership Program, Robotics, Sandglass Yearbook, Sandia Prep Refugee Alliance, Sandia Prep Times Student Newspaper, Senior Senate, Sewing, SPACE Makerspace, Spanish Model UN, Speech and Debate, Student Government Association, Student Relations Group (SURGE), Supercomputing Challenge, Table Tennis, World Language Alliance
Arts and Music Programs:
Beautify The School, Chorus, Clay, Instrumental Ensemble, International Thespian Club, Jazz Band, Music History, Musical Tech, Tech Theater, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Camping Associates, Gaga Ball, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Weight Training, Yoga
- Sandia Prep mission: The joy of learning and living is at the center of all we do. Sandia Preparatory School provides remarkable opportunities for intellectual and personal growth within a challenging and balanced program. As an extension of our families, Sandia Prep's diverse community inspires students to find their academic focus, talents, and creativity.
- Sandia Prep's Vision: We will inspire our students to discover their purposes in the world by: Developing essential skills and intellectual potential through challenging academics; Cultivating a socially responsible environment of innovation and creativity; and Engaging as a vibrant community for the betterment of society.
- Named a top private high school in New Mexico
- Truly small class sizes (7:1 student - teacher ratio)
- Dual enrollment courses for college credit
- Engineering and programming track
- Heritage Language Program
- Extensive college counseling beginning in grade 9
- Middle school arts and athletics
- Test scores significantly higher than state averages
- 100% of graduates accepted to 4-year colleges
- Secure, closed campus
- Nurse on staff
- No-cut athletics produce state champions
- Our advanced curriculum offers higher-level classes than AP.
- We offer outstanding college counseling, with a 28 to 1 student-counselor ratio; many schools strive for a 45 to 1 ratio.
- Sixth-grade hub
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-12 | 1156 students
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)821-2513 3.2 PK-12
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-12 | 317 students
8888 Harper Rd NE,
Albuquerque, NM 87111
(505)269-2696 2.8 PK-12
Sandia Prep is not focused on the same track for all students. The school embraces individuality and different learning styles so that all students can succeed.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Go Sundevils
Sandia Prep is a very welcoming community that offers innovative courses with very small class sizes. I believe this, paired with their sports, arts, and extracurricular activities, is what makes them one of the best, if not the best, middle school and high school in the state.
- Posted by Administrator - Proud Prep Supporter
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.