Immanuel Lutheran School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Immanuel Lutheran School is owned and operated by Immanuel Lutheran Church and is affiliated with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Immanuel Lutheran School has been in operation since 1924.
- At ILS we pride ourselves on providing a quality Christian education in a loving caring environment.
- ILS was named a 2007 NCLB Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.
- ILS is also accredited by National Lutheran Schools Accreditation and the state of New Mexico.
- All students in 1st through 8th grade take the Iowa Test of Basic Skills annually. On average students score in the 70th percentile on their composite score that includes reading, grammar, math, social studies, and science.
- All faculty members have a teaching degree from an accredited university and are licensed by the state of New Mexico. The faculty at ILS is experienced with only two instructors with less than 10 years of experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or Navy Blue pants or shorts, polo shirts with no logos.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,510|
|Tuition Notes||K-5: $460 per month over 9.5 months 6-8: $475 per month over 9.5 months Registration fee: $350 one time|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michelle Aragon|
|Admissions Associate||Stephanie Kelley|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Battle of the Books, Chess Club, Geography Bee, Lego Club, Math Counts Team, Science Bowl, Science Fair, Spanish Club, Spelling Bee
Arts and Music Programs:
- A safe nuturing Christian environment
- 2007 NCLB Blue Ribbon School
- Accredited by National Lutheran School Accreditation and the State of New Mexico
- Certified Faculty
- Well rounded curriculum
- Band and Music Program
- Interscholastic Sport
- Academic extracurriculars
- Before and Afterschool Care available
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AlbuquerqueGrades: PK-8 | 193 students
6201 Ross Ave Se
Albuquerque, NM 87108
- AlbuquerqueGrades: PK-12 | 1432 students
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
- AlbuquerqueGrades: PK-8 | 227 students
4020 Lomas Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87110
- AlbuquerqueGrades: PK-9 | 132 students
5801 Carmel Avenue Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87113
- AlbuquerqueGrades: PK-8 | 172 students
815 Guaymas Place Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87108
National Blue Ribbon Award winner! Immanuel is nationally accredited and award winning. The environment is caring and nurturing and the teachers treat the kids with respect. The academic program throughly prepares kids for the next step (high school) and beyond. There is a large selection of sports and other extracurricular activities as well. I am glad to have my daughter at such an excellent, well rounded school.
- Posted by Parent - Pallu
Immanuel is my home. My family moved to Albuquerque in 1999 and I immediately began going to the school and church. I loved the middle school and the majority of the teachers that I had are still there. They are fantastic, welcoming and help to challenge you intellectually. By the time I reached high school, I was so far advanced, AP classes were a breeze. When I reached college, I went back to Immanuel as a preschool teacher. I taught for two years and miss it everyday that I have left. The family atmosphere is like no other. You will not find a church & school like this one, everyone truly cares and wants the best for each individual student.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - imman
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.