- Holy Ghost Catholic School founded in 1912, was opened by five Dominican sisters as St. Thomas Aquinas School.
- Holy Ghost School was named from the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity, the Holy Ghost / Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is symbolic of peace and security. The members of our community ask in prayer, schoolwork, or in leisure that the Holy Sprit guides us and is the center of our school life.
- Our school has always been ruled by the Dominican Order.
- The founder of the order was St. Dominic Guzman who was born in Calruega, Spain, in 1170.
- The purpose of creating this order was to preach the good news of Jesus and the salvation of souls.
- The Dominican Order was approved by the Church in 1217, when Pope Honorius III gave Dominic the title of "Order of Preachers." There are currently about 800,000 members of the Dominican Family world wide.
- This includes sisters, nuns, priests, brothers, laity, and associates. Dominicans are found on every continent.
- The four pillars of the Dominican life are: prayer, preaching, contemplation, and community.
- Our religious teachings at Holy Ghost School help us to learn about the gifts of the Holy Ghost.
- There are two kinds of gifts. The first gifts specially intended for the sanctification of the person who receives them.
- These gifts include wisdom, understanding, council, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.
- To Continue the tradition of developing well-educated, responsible Christian individuals through a strong academic program and a warm, caring environment that fosters self-esteem and compassion for all people.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||777 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.