St. Thomas Aquinas School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- St. Thomas Aquinas School is staffed by the Religious Teachers of St. Lucy Filippini.
- The Pontifical Institute of the Religious Teachers Filippini continues to serve the Church as its members live in community bound in a spousal covenant of love for God through their oblation in the spirit of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Middle School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Tuition Notes||$500 per student Parish Subsidy Fee in addition to Tuition Cost.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rosanne Sloan|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||BOY SCOUTS, BROWNIES, CHESS CLUB, CUB SCOUTS, GIRLS SCOUTS, ROBOTICS CLUB, SCHOOL NEWSPAPER, ST. LUCY CLUB|
- Our school is an intregal part of the ministry of St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, sharing its mission of giving greater honor and glory to God and seeking the salvation of souls, in total commitment and absolute obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ, and in full communion with His Holy Catholic Church and all her teachings. Thus, we seek to educate our students with a traditional Catholic view which recognizes the sacred dignity of each individual and equips our students to grow personally in holiness and to influence the world in a truly Christian manner. Saint Thomas Aquinas School offers a co-educational program in which family support and participation is crucial. Through limited class enrollment and a variety of teaching styles, the school strives to meet the students' needs while developing their innate abilities. Its programs encompass quality experiences in the arts, sciences and humanities, as well as encourage self-expression and creativity. A warm, family like Catholic atmosphere enables students to grow in knowledge of God, themselves, and the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AlbuquerqueGrades: K-8 | 277 students
1801 Hazeldine Ave Se
Albuquerque, NM 87106
- AlbuquerqueGrades: PK-8 | 165 students
300 Gold Avenue SE
Albuquerque, NM 87102
- AlbuquerqueGrades: PK-8 | 216 students
5303 Phoenix Ave Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87110
St. Thomas Aquinas School in Rio Rancho, NM is by far the most rigorous and disciplined school in the Diocese. My kids continuously performed at least 2 grades ABOVE level and the transition to St. Pius has been exceptionally easy because of the curriculum standards and commitment of STAS teachers. Sister Anne runs a very tight ship and has exceptionally high standards of the students - it has been fabulous being a party of such a Christ-centered community! Highly recommend this school for K-8.
- Posted by Parent - Parent - 2 kids
I am grateful to the Sisters and Monsignor Raun for establishing a wonderful school for our Catholic community. It is of high academic standards and a good Catholic Orthodox School. I have 5 children who have attended St. Thomas Aquinas School. They are excellent students and who developed good study skills while attending STA. Two are in college and doing extremely well. St. Thomas is a school of good discipline with teachers who care about their students. I HIGHLY recommend St. Thomas Aquinas School.
- Posted by Parent - lased
St. Thomas Aquinas School was a great school for me. I would recommend it to anyone. The learning environment is a positive, happy, and healthy one. The teachers are fantastic role models. I will never forget the impact they had on my life. The students are also very kind and care for each other. If you want your child to gain great morals and learn about their faith, you should send them to St. Thomas Aquinas School.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kkmoe
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.