Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Middle and Upper School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (480) 646-8200
- Ready For The World Rancho Solano Preparatory School, a member of the Meritas family of schools, is a PK-12 international learning community for high achieving students. Since 1954, Rancho Solano's small class sizes, highly trained and passionate teachers, personalized academic curricula and wide range of course offerings at all levels have helped students develop the character and competitive edge they need to excel in college and beyond.
- Our stimulating educational environment is strengthened through its diverse and vibrant student community, specialized academic and enrichment programs, and state-of-the-art facilities and technology.
- We cultivate in our students the ingenuity to thrive in a global society and to be architects of their future.
Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Middle and Upper School places among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Scott Salk|
|Admissions Associate||Kaitlyn Myzwinski|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Key Club, Math, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Pre-Med, Science Fair, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Computer Programming, Drama, Entrepreneurial, Honors Choir, Jazz Band, Pep Band, String Quartet
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Various Afterschool Athletic Clubs
Set foot on any Rancho Solano campus and you will instantly feel excitement for learning and a sense of community. Our students are eager and focused; our teachers are passionate about instruction. Student potential is unlocked.
This is what makes Rancho Solano special:
- We are committed to the development of the whole child. Each student receives a tailored Personal Learning Plan. Our challenging academic programs encourage students to stretch and grow while providing the support children need.
- Students are engaged and motivated as they participate in advanced academics, fine and performing arts, athletics, extracurricular activities and service learning opportunities.
- Teachers and staff creates an environment of respect, integrity, and accountability. They encourage questions, reward curiosity, and promote the free exchange of ideas.
- Our International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme positions students for success at the university level and beyond. The IB Diploma Programme is recognized worldwide for its academic rigor.
- Our campus is home to exchange students from around the world and local students of different backgrounds, nationalities and interests. The ideals of global-mindedness and respect for cultural and social diversity are at the core of both the IB philosophy and Rancho Solano`s long commitment to developing global citizens.
- We belong to the Meritas International Family of Schools, which benefits both students and faculty. Meritas brings us best practices in education, travel opportunities, and collaboration with the finest preparatory schools in the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scottsdale Grades: 6-12 | 17 students
1200 N 77th St
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480) 945-3302 3.6 6-12
- Chandler Grades: 9-12 | 568 students
1150 N. Dobson Road
Chandler, AZ 85224
(480) 963-1900 15.9 9-12
The Middle School is a perfect transition from elementary to high school environment. The class size is small which allows teachers and staff to truly know your child academically and personally. The risk of your child being lost in the world of social media seems very low as they pride themselves in looking for signs of a child struggling. The academics are very strong as well. Because the classes are small, the teachers can concentrate on each childs' needs and involve the parents to help when needed.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?