International School of Arizona
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (480) 874-2326
- "Give your child the life-long gift of a second language."
- The International School of Arizona specializes in bilingual language fluency and academic excellence.
- Our fully accredited French and Spanish Immersion programs start in Early Childhood at 18 months and go through 8th Grade Middle School.
- Our evolving, adaptive curriculum follows the requirements of the French Ministry of Education / Le Ministre de l`Education Nationale and the Spanish Ministry of Education / El Instituto Cervantes de Espana.
- Our U.S. curriculum offers Language Arts in English, Math, Science and Social Studies.
- We offer after school activities, extended care and language immersion summer camps.
- WHY BILINGUAL? Bilingual students outperform their counterparts on English tests, are more likely to seek a higher education and exhibit greater communication skills.
- In today`s global marketplace, it is one of the greatest assets your child can bring to their future. Our mission is to provide a progressive international education and advanced multilingual academics in a safe, diverse and nurturing environment.
- Our innovative and individualized approach to learning prepares highly motivated students for prestigious college preparatory high schools.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||238 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniform Required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,750|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition costs vary according to grade levels and we offer early bird discounts, sibling discounts and accept STO funds.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ilse Chaigneau|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Gymnastics, Soccer, TennisGymnastics, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gardening, Girls Scouts, Homework Club, Mad Science, Model UN, Robotics, STEM Challenges
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Guitar, Painting, Rhythm & Percussion, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Dance, Gymnastics, JumpBunch, Martial Arts, Multi-sport with virtual reality, Parkour, Soccer, Tennis, Trampoline, Yoga
- For over 22 years we have been passionately offering the opportunity of a progressive international education and advanced multi-lingual academics in a safe, diverse and nurturing environment.
- Our evolving, adaptive curriculum follows the requirements of the French Ministry of Education / Le Ministre de l`Education Nationaleand the Spanish Ministry of Education / El Ministerio De Education y Ciencia .
- This curriculum is brought to life for each of our students by our amazing ISA teachers - our greatest asset and the foundation of our school. With vast international backgrounds, teaching experiences and advanced degrees held by many, your child will expand and develop their social skills, manners, experiential art, music and academics - all immersed in French or Spanish language.
- The demand for more language exposure in schools has led to more and more public, private and charter schools offering second language classes as a weekly enrichment or elective class. In traditional second language classes such as these, the target language is the subject of instruction, often representing just one hour weekly. Language immersion, however, uses the target language to teach other subjects such as mathematics, science, social studies, music and art. This allows your child to learn a second language naturally - never even realizing the point they become fluent. They just do.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scottsdale Grades: 5-9 | 10 students
12430 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(480) 948-3419 3 5-9
- Scottsdale Grades: NS-1
9606 E Kalil Dr
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
(480) 451-3130 1.4 NS-1
- Scottsdale Grades: PK-K | 30 students
12850 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(480) 998-7019 6.1 PK-K
- Scottsdale Grades: NS-8 | 239 students
20624 N 76th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
(480) 502-6878 7.5 NS-8
- Scottsdale Grades: NS | 67 students
4140 N. Miller Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480) 946-0570 5.7 NS
This school has been a wonderful gift for my Son. The quality of teachers and curriculum is outstanding. The bonus of learning a second language in a true total immersion environment will give my son an advantage in the future. Research shows that immersion students gain additional cognitive, academic, and employment benefits. I have to say it is working for my son!
- Posted by Parent - Michael
We have 2 children enrolled at ISA and are starting our fifth year at the school. We have been here since our oldest started in the B level class for 3 year olds. We have had out children at THREE different immersion preschools in Scottsdale. We decided on ISA because we feel it has an excellent curriculum, and we want to extend the immersion experience for our children BEYOND the preschool years. The programs at ISA are certified by the governments in Spain and France and taught by native speakers. For these reasons, we have been very happy at ISA. If you want your children to be able to read, write, communicate, sing and even do performances in a second language with ease, go check out this school. If you want your child to have skills in a second and even third language for future jobs (think medical, business, law, international work), please check out this school. Immersion is a gift for a child. Visit classes at your child's grade level and a few years ahead to get the full picture. Talk to parents who have been at the school for a while. Ask about the after school programming and enrichment programs too. Just another note: Several of the preschool grades do fill up and have waitlists. This is frustrating for parents who want to enter the school and then don't have a slot. Children can and do enter in later grades (K, 1, 2, 3, etc...) too, but the hardest part for new parents is trying to get in when there are small class sizes and only 1 class of French and 1 class of Spanish per grade. Check out the school early. You will know if it is a good fit for your family. Best of luck on your decision!
- Posted by Parent - Mother of 2
I have two children that attend ISA, and I have loved this school. I am very picky, and have researched schools extensively. You just can't beat learning a second language. This school is rare in that language immersion is COMPLETE; this is really the only way to be truly fluent. They get English instruction, and score high in English tests, and state tests that are in English--no worries there. I feel like any concern I have will be addressed. The parents are very involved, and it is a true community feel to the school! There truly is no other school like it in AZ. Both directors are great, and are SO involved with the school.
- Posted by Parent - sarav
We also send our children there and love the education they receive and the dedication of the teachers and staff. You will be amazed how quickly they learn a second language.
- Posted by Parent - ericb
Our children have been going to the school for years and it is the best gift we could have ever given them. They have a great understanding of the world and are fluent in a second language. Very challenging curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - eric
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.