International School of Arizona
5.00 (5 reviews)
- ISA has moved into our newly acquired campus and has consolidated its 3 sites into one new home at 9522 E. San Salvador Drive. We offer full time/full week French and Spanish immersion programs for children from the early childhood ages of 2, through our Middle School at 8th grade.
- The French program follows the curriculum of the French Ministry of Education and the Spanish program follows the Ministry of Education and Science of Spain.
- Our curriculum, which emphasizes second language acquisition through immersion, also focuses on integrating subjects, as in STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading, Environment, Arts and Math).
- We offer rigorous traditional academic subjects, as well as fine arts, music, eLearning and physical education.
- We introduce the third language in grade 4 and English language arts is introduced from PreK (4 years old).
- Our after school program offers homework class, to help children whose parents do not dominate in the target language, as well as judo, coding, robotics, chess, gymnastics, and much more.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniform Required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,795|
|Admissions Director||Cynthia Bills|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Gymnastics, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballGymnastics, Soccer,|
- Our small school advantage will give your (grand)-children their future edge for university admissions and in the workplace:
- Enroll now and observe: -academic and native proficiency in two and three languages-highly developed brain functioning leading toward improved creativity, critical thinking, social skills & problem solving-combination of rigorous European & U.S. teaching styles-Triple accreditation: French Ministry of Ed., Spain Cervantes Institute, U.S. AdvancEd-English scores 1-2 years above grade level on U.S. norm-referenced examinations-Tailored programs for older students with no Spanish/French/English proficiency-Innovator lab (maker space) for creativity and design opportunities-small school AND small class size advantage-unique after school activities and extra care offerings-your child`s happiness-your family`s integration into a diverse, multicultural, multi-ethnic community
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scottsdale Grades: 4-9 | 5 students
12430 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(480)948-3419 3 4-9
- Scottsdale Grades: PK-K | 30 students
12850 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(480)998-7019 6.1 PK-K
- Scottsdale Grades: PK-8 | 239 students
20624 N. 76th St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
(480)502-6878 7.5 PK-8
- Scottsdale Grades: PK-K | 69 students
6261 N. Granite Reef Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
(480)948-3606 3.3 PK-K
- Scottsdale Grades: PK-K | 67 students
4140 N. Miller Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480)946-0570 5.7 PK-K
This school has been a wonderful gift for my Son. The quality of teachers and curriculum is outstanding. The bonus of learning a second language in a true total immersion environment will give my son an advantage in the future. Research shows that immersion students gain additional cognitive, academic, and employment benefits. I have to say it is working for my son!
- Posted by Parent - Michael
We have 2 children enrolled at ISA and are starting our fifth year at the school. We have been here since our oldest started in the B level class for 3 year olds. We have had out children at THREE different immersion preschools in Scottsdale. We decided on ISA because we feel it has an excellent curriculum, and we want to extend the immersion experience for our children BEYOND the preschool years. The programs at ISA are certified by the governments in Spain and France and taught by native speakers. For these reasons, we have been very happy at ISA. If you want your children to be able to read, write, communicate, sing and even do performances in a second language with ease, go check out this school. If you want your child to have skills in a second and even third language for future jobs (think medical, business, law, international work), please check out this school. Immersion is a gift for a child. Visit classes at your child's grade level and a few years ahead to get the full picture. Talk to parents who have been at the school for a while. Ask about the after school programming and enrichment programs too. Just another note: Several of the preschool grades do fill up and have waitlists. This is frustrating for parents who want to enter the school and then don't have a slot. Children can and do enter in later grades (K, 1, 2, 3, etc...) too, but the hardest part for new parents is trying to get in when there are small class sizes and only 1 class of French and 1 class of Spanish per grade. Check out the school early. You will know if it is a good fit for your family. Best of luck on your decision!
- Posted by Parent - Mother of 2
I have two children that attend ISA, and I have loved this school. I am very picky, and have researched schools extensively. You just can't beat learning a second language. This school is rare in that language immersion is COMPLETE; this is really the only way to be truly fluent. They get English instruction, and score high in English tests, and state tests that are in English--no worries there. I feel like any concern I have will be addressed. The parents are very involved, and it is a true community feel to the school! There truly is no other school like it in AZ. Both directors are great, and are SO involved with the school.
- Posted by Parent - sarav
We also send our children there and love the education they receive and the dedication of the teachers and staff. You will be amazed how quickly they learn a second language.
- Posted by Parent - ericb
Our children have been going to the school for years and it is the best gift we could have ever given them. They have a great understanding of the world and are fluent in a second language. Very challenging curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - eric
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.