Cottonwood Montessori School
- At Cottonwood School how children learn is as important as what children learn.
- We partner with parents who believe that the early years are the most important in the whole of a lifetime.
- Together we cultivate each child's talent and character by nurturing their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
- Our quality programs unleash the potential of every child and develop a foundation for academic achievement and life long success.
- The Cottonwood School was founded in 1995 by parents and teachers who sought to improve educational opportunities for New Mexico's children through an independent, non-sectarian school which provided dynamic academics through fully integrated subject areas. Cottonwood School is a joyful learning community whose vision is to help our students reach their full potential.Our mission is to encourage the potential of each child through an interdisciplinary curriculum which cultivates intellectual achievement, physical and artistic abilities, emotional learning and creative reasoning in accordance with Montessori philosophy.
- Cottonwood School is a non-profit, 501(c) 3 tax exempt, educational organization which serves and educates children 2 years to 12 years of age, or toddlers through sixth grade.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$200|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer programs run June through August in weekly thematic units costing $150-$250 depending on the half or full day enrollment. Open 7AM-6PM for before and after childcare.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||155 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Play clothes, closed toe shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,000|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts available for siblings and single payments. Monthly payments made through FACTS tuition collection agency.|
|Admissions Director||Val Armenta|
- The purpose of Cottonwood School is to- 1. Encourage a. responsibility of oneself, for others and for the environment. b. joyful, self-directed learning c. interdependence with all living creatures 2. Provide a. a safe, respectful, nurturing community b. experiential learning in a multi-age setting c. opportunities for discovery 3. Develop a. self-sufficient, independent thinkers b. an appreciation for art and culture c. enthusiastic life-long learners
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rio Rancho Grades: NS-PK | 110 students
1601 Barbara Loop Se
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
(505)994-4600 2.1 NS-PK
- Corrales Grades: PK-8 | 93 students
24 Academy Dr
Corrales, NM 87048
(505)897-4805 2.2 PK-8
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-8 | 443 students
2610 Utah St Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87110
(505)299-6783 8.3 PK-8
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-12 | 1156 students
8005 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
(505)821-2513 4.3 PK-12
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.