Cottonwood Montessori School
At Cottonwood School how children learn is as important as what children learn.
We partner with parents who believe that the early years are the most important in the whole of a lifetime.
Together we cultivate each child's talent and character by nurturing their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
Our quality programs unleash the potential of every child and develop a foundation for academic achievement and life long success.
The Cottonwood School was founded in 1995 by parents and teachers who sought to improve educational opportunities for New Mexico's children through an independent, non-sectarian school which provided dynamic academics through fully integrated subject areas. Cottonwood School is a joyful learning community whose vision is to help our students reach their full potential.Our mission is to encourage the potential of each child through an interdisciplinary curriculum which cultivates intellectual achievement, physical and artistic abilities, emotional learning and creative reasoning in accordance with Montessori philosophy.
Cottonwood School is a non-profit, 501(c) 3 tax exempt, educational organization which serves and educates children 2 years to 12 years of age, or toddlers through sixth grade.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 149 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,000
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
Summer programs run June through August in weekly thematic units costing $150-$250 depending on the half or full day enrollment. Open 7AM-6PM for before and after childcare.
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Play clothes, closed toe shoes)
(Play clothes, closed toe shoes)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Discounts available for siblings and single payments. Monthly payments made through ACH bank draft.
- The purpose of Cottonwood School is to- 1. Encourage a. responsibility of oneself, for others and for the environment. b. joyful, self-directed learning c. interdependence with all living creatures 2. Provide a. a safe, respectful, nurturing community b. experiential learning in a multi-age setting c. opportunities for discovery 3. Develop a. self-sufficient, independent thinkers b. an appreciation for art and culture c. enthusiastic life-long learners
Profile last updated: 07/20/2021
Endorse Cottonwood Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.