Pando Little School
Tel: (505) 585-1259
Pando Little School is more than just a preschool.
We are a community of individuals dedicated to excellence in early childhood education.
Our primary work is with the children and families enrolled in our full-time preschool program where we tinker, play, explore, and love.
In addition to our work in the classroom, we collaborate with educators, organizations, elementary schools, and individuals across the state who care deeply about improving early childhood education in New Mexico Pando's philosophy is simple: Children are valued community members, capable of constructing their own understanding of the world.
Our classroom is a collaborative, interdisciplinary space that empowers children to engage their imagination, draw meaning from their own experiences, and participate in their community.
Our school's child-led curriculum generates opportunities for children to tinker, express themselves, and research their interests in a project-based environment.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 52%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(We tend to get a little messy)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,200|
|Admissions Director||Melissa Scott|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Gardening, Neighborhood Walks
Arts and Music Programs:
Mixed Media Art, Music Class, Yoga
- At Pando, children:
- Feel safe, loved, and successful
- Before anything else, children must feel safe, loved, and successful. Teachers at Pando come to love and appreciate each child in their care. Through this relationship, teachers and children develop a nuanced understanding of one another, enabling teachers to create an individualized experience for every child.
- Investigate their interests
- Humans learn best when they inquire about something that has piqued their curiosity. Through careful listening and keen observation, we determine children's interests and use those interests as a jumping-off point for our classroom's dynamic curriculum.
- Learn in community
- We regard each child as inextricably entwined with their family, culture, peer group, and community. This web of relationships in which each of us lives is a resource we constantly strive to engage for the betterment of your child.
- Participate democratically
- Democratic processes are central to our day-to-day classroom functioning. Children participate in the planning and running of our daily classroom meetings, are encouraged to strive for consensus, master the mechanics of voting, engage in respectful dialogue, and learn to both lead, follow, and compromise.
- Engage issues of social justice
- We respect and support children's efforts to understand our complex society. We do this by cultivating in children the ability to empathize and adopt differing perspectives. When children bring ethical, emotionally fraught concerns into the classroom, we create a space where these topics can be explored.
- Connect with nature
- Time spent outside is time well spent. Children at Pando are given ample opportunities to play outside in natural environments. Gardening, composting, cloud-gazing, and stopping to smell the roses are all part of our curriculum.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Pando Little School is Pathways Academy (1.8 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is St. Charles Borromeo Elementary School (1.5 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Serendipity Day School (1.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albuquerque Grades: NS-PK | 76 students
124 Richmond Dr Se
Albuquerque, NM 87106
(505) 255-7336 1.1 NS-PK
- Albuquerque Grades: NS-8 | 163 students
1801 Hazeldine Ave Se
Albuquerque, NM 87106
(505) 767-1065 1.5 NS-8
- Albuquerque Grades: PK-8 | 227 students
4020 Lomas Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87110
(505) 255-6391 1.7 PK-8
- Albuquerque Grades: K-7 | 35 students
801 Girard Blvd Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87106
(505) 268-4199 1.8 K-7
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.