Sandia Preparatory School
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Total Students||622 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||48% (NM School Avg.: 45%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||60%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 8 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,420|
|Tuition Notes||for 2013-2014|
|% on Financial Aid||35%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,473|
|Admissions Director||Laura Fitzpatrick|
|Admissions Associate||Courtney Haury|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||20 extracurriculars|
|Chorus||Greendevils Environmental Club|
|Instrumental Ensemble||International Thespian Club|
|Jazz Band||La Chispa literary magazine|
|Middle School Helping Hands community service club||Mock Trial|
|Model U.N.||National Honor Society|
|Native American Sandia Prep Alliance||Outdoor Leadership Program|
|Sandglass yearbook||Sandia Prep Radio International|
|Sandia Prep Times student newspaper||Student Government Association|
|Upper School One Direction community service club||World Language Alliance|
Sandia Prep's Vision:
We will inspire our students to discover their purposes in the world by:
Developing essential skills and intellectual potential through challenging academics;
Cultivating a socially responsible environment of innovation and creativity; and
Engaging as a vibrant community for the betterment of society.
10 Things We Believe
1. Educating is not a job; it is a calling.
2. Education is about the students. Their needs always come first.
3. The measure of our successis how we treat our most challenged student on his or her worst day.
4. We must approach our work with confidence, not arrogance. We offer no apologies and make no comparisons.
5. Independence defines us as a school.
6. The great challengeof teaching at Sandia Prep is to meet each student where he or she is as a learner.
7. Teaching is not about us as faculty; we are senior partners — part of a teamthat includes students and parents.
8. Sandia Prep faculty members teach young people; the subject matter is simply a tool.
9. We must find ways to nurture and supportseemingly difficult students, colleagues and parents.
10. Our goal is to teach students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
Profile last updated: 05/24/2013
Related School Videos:
Sandia Preparatory School
1 year ago.
Sandia Preparatory School Community
2 months ago
Facebook School Page:
Gr. 6-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-1 | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-PK | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 1.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 1.8 mi. away