|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Total Students||622 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||48% (NM School Avg.: 48%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||60%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||26|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 8 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,420|
|Tuition Notes||for 2013-2014|
|% on Financial Aid||35%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,473|
|Admissions Director||Laura Fitzpatrick|
|Admissions Associate||Courtney Haury|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance,
Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Bowling, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus, Greendevils Environmental Club, Instrumental Ensemble, International Thespian Club, Jazz Band, La Chispa literary magazine, Middle School Helping Hands community service club, Mock Trial, Model U.N., National Honor Society, Native American Sandia Prep Alliance, Outdoor Leadership Program, Sandglass yearbook, Sandia Prep Radio International, Sandia Prep Times student newspaper, Student Government Association, Supercomputing Challenge, Theater, Upper School One Direction community service club, World Language Alliance Chorus, Jazz Band, Mock Trial, Model U.N., Theater, Greendevils Environmental Club,
International Thespian Club,
La Chispa literary magazine,
Middle School Helping Hands community service club,
National Honor Society,
Native American Sandia Prep Alliance,
Outdoor Leadership Program,
Sandia Prep Radio International,
Sandia Prep Times student newspaper,
Student Government Association,
Upper School One Direction community service club,
World Language Alliance,
Sandia Prep's Vision:
We will inspire our students to discover their purposes in the world by:
Developing essential skills and intellectual potential through challenging academics;
Cultivating a socially responsible environment of innovation and creativity; and
Engaging as a vibrant community for the betterment of society.
10 Things We Believe
1. Educating is not a job; it is a calling.
2. Education is about the students. Their needs always come first.
3. The measure of our successis how we treat our most challenged student on his or her worst day.
4. We must approach our work with confidence, not arrogance. We offer no apologies and make no comparisons.
5. Independence defines us as a school.
6. The great challengeof teaching at Sandia Prep is to meet each student where he or she is as a learner.
7. Teaching is not about us as faculty; we are senior partners — part of a teamthat includes students and parents.
8. Sandia Prep faculty members teach young people; the subject matter is simply a tool.
9. We must find ways to nurture and supportseemingly difficult students, colleagues and parents.
10. Our goal is to teach students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
Profile last updated: 05/24/2013
Albuquerque Los Ninos Montessori
Montessori School1.1 mi | 104 students | Gr. K-1
Albuquerque The Montessori School
Albuquerque All Angels Episc Day School
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Episcopal)1.5 mi | 76 students | Gr. PK-K
Albuquerque Pathways Academy
Special Education School1.6 mi | 28 students | Gr. K-12 1 Review
Albuquerque Victory Christian School