Cathedral High School
|School Membership(s)||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||559 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,790|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is payable over a 10 month period. Academic Scholarships awarded to incoming freshmen based on report card grades. Upper class men may also be considered for an annual academic scholarship.|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Rosemary Eivers|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||28 extracurriculars|
|Arbutus (Newspaper)||Art Club|
|Asian Culture Club||Billiards|
|Black NIA||Cathedral Scholars|
|Fitness Club||Future Business Leaders of America|
|Green Club||Guitar Club|
|Home Economics||Marching Band|
|Masque & Mime (Drama)||Mock Trial Team|
|NYPD Explorers Program||National Honor Society|
|Peer Tutors||Prom Committee|
|Student Ambassadors||Student Council|
|Travel & Culture Club||Volunteer Service Club|
- Accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and the NY State Board of Regents.
- 100% graduation rate
- The CHS graduate leaves us a highly skilled, literate young women who is ready to attend a competitive college.
- CHS Students consider this school their second home, opportunities for homework help, tutoring, and after-school activities are available to all grades.
- Our Gateways to Health Program offers students interested in a career in the field of Health, an introduction to this field in both a classroom setting and through medical internship opportunities at several of clinical/hospital sites affiliated with our program.
- Our Law & Internship/Professional Development program offers our students the opportunity to learn from business leaders and gain the experience and skills necessary to be successful in numerous fileds such as law, business, and the technological marketplaces.
Profile last updated: 11/07/2012
Related School Videos:
Cathedral High School. Part 2
2 years ago
Cathedral High School.
3 years ago
Related School News:
- Mary E. Cerruti - Pocono Record
posted on April 3, 2013 at 08:09:42 pm
Mary E. CerrutiPocono RecordBorn in Manhattan, N.Y., on Oct. 22, 1934, she was a daughter of the late John F. and Mary E. (Whelan) Walpole. ...
- Red Sox interest in Chris Capuano may have come too late
posted on September 22, 2011 at 05:43:44 pm
The Red Sox inquired about Capuano last winter but were more interested in him as a left-handed relief option, sources have said. Capuano, a West ...
- Cathedral set for semistate challenge
posted on June 10, 2011 at 06:01:55 pm
Terre Haute South might be unranked, but there is no way Class 4A No. ...
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 0.6 mi. away
- March 11,2013 - I attended Cathedral HS and it was a fantastic experience. I went on to the medical field and had excellant preparation. All of the areas in Cathedral from Academia to Extracurricular prepard me for my life choices. A phenominal exoeriance.*-Posted by Student/Alumni *