|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||590 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Comparative Government and Politics, English, Environmental Science, Psychology, Spanish, US History and Government,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,990|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is payable over a 10 month period. Academic Scholarships awarded to incoming freshmen based on TACHS and report card grades.|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Johanna Velez|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Swimming,
Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arbutus (Newspaper), Art Club, Billiards, Black NIA, Cathedral Scholars, Dance, Fashionistas, Future Business Leaders of America, Guitar Club, Home Economics, Marching Band, Masque & Mime (Drama), Mock Trial Team, Musical Theater and Chorus, NYPD Explorers Program, National Honor Society, Peer Tutors, Spires (Yearbook), Steppers, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Travel & Culture Club, Volunteer Service Club Art Club, Billiards, Black NIA, Dance, Fashionistas, Guitar Club, Home Economics, Marching Band, Peer Tutors, Steppers, Arbutus (Newspaper),
Future Business Leaders of America,
Masque & Mime (Drama),
Mock Trial Team,
Musical Theater and Chorus,
NYPD Explorers Program,
National Honor Society,
Travel & Culture Club,
Volunteer Service Club,
- Accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and the NY State Board of Regents.
- The CHS graduate leaves us a highly skilled, literate young women who is ready to attend a competitive college.
- The Class of 2013 earned over $20 million in college scholarships and grants with acceptances into top schools cush as College of the Holy Cross, NYU Polytechnic, New York University and Villanova University.
- Our Gateways to Health Program offers students interested in a career in the field of Health, an introduction to this field in both a classroom setting and through medical internship opportunities at several of clinical/hospital sites affiliated with our program.
- Our Law & Internship/Professional Development program offers our students the opportunity to learn from business leaders and gain the experience and skills necessary to be successful in numerous fileds such as law, business, and the technological marketplaces.
- Wide selection of electives such as Forensic Science & Astronomy, Digital Photofaphy, Music, Graphic Design, Entrepreneurship, Broadcasting and Journalism, Drama and more!
- CHS Students consider this school their second home, opportunities for homework help, tutoring, and after-school activities are available to all grades.
Profile last updated: 07/30/2013
New York The Beekman School
New York The Family School
Montessori School0.4 mi | 198 students | Gr. K
New York Aaron School
Special Education School0.5 mi | 162 students | Gr. K-12
New York St. Vincent Ferrer High School
All-girls  (Roman Catholic)0.6 mi | 478 students | Gr. 9-12
New York The Browning School
All-boys 0.6 mi | 396 students | Gr. K-12