Upcoming Events and News:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||740 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Comparative Government and Politics, English, Environmental Science, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics, US History and Government, World History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is payable over a 10 month period. Academic Scholarships awarded to incoming freshmen based on TACHS and report card grades.|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Johanna Velez|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arbutus (Newspaper), Art Club, Billiards, Black NIA, Cathedral Scholars, Dance, Fashionistas, Future Business Leaders of America, Guitar Club, Home Economics, Marching Band, Masque & Mime (Drama), Mock Trial Team, Musical Theater and Chorus, NYPD Explorers Program, National Honor Society, Peer Tutors, STEM, Spires (Yearbook), Steppers, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Travel & Culture Club, Volunteer Service Club Art Club, Billiards, Black NIA, Dance, Fashionistas, Guitar Club, Home Economics, Marching Band, Peer Tutors, STEM, Steppers, Arbutus (Newspaper),
Future Business Leaders of America,
Masque & Mime (Drama),
Mock Trial Team,
Musical Theater and Chorus,
NYPD Explorers Program,
National Honor Society,
Travel & Culture Club,
Volunteer Service Club,
- Accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and the NY State Board of Regents.
- The CHS graduate leaves us a highly skilled, literate young women who is ready to attend a competitive college.
- The Class of 2015 earned over $19 million in college scholarships and grants with acceptances into top schools cush as New York University, University of Pennsylvania and Columbia University.
- Our Medical Gateways Program offers students interested in a career in the field of Medicine, an introduction to this field in both a classroom setting and through medical internship opportunities at several of clinical/hospital sites affiliated with our program.
- Our Law & Internship/Professional Development program offers our students the opportunity to learn from business leaders and gain the experience and skills necessary to be successful in numerous fileds such as law, business, and the technological marketplaces.
- In 2015 Cathedral will begin a STEM Program including classes and activites such as Robotics, Girls Who Code and much more.
- Wide selection of electives such as Forensic Science & Astronomy, Digital Photography, Music, Graphic Design, Entrepreneurship, Broadcasting and Journalism, Drama and more!
- CHS Students consider this school their second home, opportunities for homework help, tutoring, and after-school activities are available to all grades.
Profile last updated: 07/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 62 students
220 East 50th Street
New York, NY 10022
New YorkGrades: K | 198 students
323 E 47th St
New York, NY 10017
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 162 students
309 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 478 students
151 E 65th St
New York, NY 10065
New YorkGrades: PK-8 | 231 students
593 Park Ave and 150 W 83
New York, NY 10065