|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Coalition of Girls
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 12|
|Total Students||677 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||31% (NY School Avg.: 28%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||112 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$39,542|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes books, computers, fees and varies slightly by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid||25%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,000|
|Admissions Director||Lillian Issa|
|Admissions Associate||Carolyn Booth|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey,
Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBadminton, Basketball,
Cross Country, Fencing,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- WHY MARYMOUNT?
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Marymount enjoys easy access from all points of Manhattan and the boroughs.Our front yard is Fifth Avenue, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park.
- ELEGANT TURN OF THE CENTURY MANSIONS AND A STATE OF THE ART STEM CENTER. Our “home” lends a warm, welcoming atmosphere to a rigorous curriculum. We look different. We feel different. We ARE different.
- AN EDUCATION OF THE HEART AND MIND. Community service, ethical decision-making and the arts are just as important as academic excellence.
- AN INDEPENDENT SCHOOL IN THE CATHOLIC TRADITION.We focus on building an inclusive, respectful community. Our students do not have to be Catholic; they just need to be open-minded and appreciate the spiritual part of life.
- UNITY THROUGH DIVERSITY. We strive for balance, for acceptance.We are 68% Catholic, 54% Upper East Side, 31% Students of Color, 25% on Financial Aid. 21% of our families have parents with International Backgrounds
- A VIBRANT NETWORK OF 21 INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS. A global education is made possible through our international exchange programs, study tours, sports tournaments, concerts, immersions, and interschool curricular projects.
- A DYNAMIC, RIGOROUS, INTEGRATED CURRICULUM. Our collaborative approach crosses disciplines, infuses technology and uses the Metropolitan Museum of Art as its textbook.18 APs are offered in our College Preparatory Program. Our school was the first school in the country with a FAB(rication) Lab.
- THE POWER OF A SINGLE SEX EDUCATION. Research shows that students in a girls’ school find their voice, gain greater confidence, become astute leaders and are academically more successful, especially in math, science, and technology.
- A HAPPY HEALTHY HEALTHY COMMUNITY. A 6:1 Student-Teacher Ratio, a commitment to professional development and a faculty that stays an average of 7 years make for a personalized school experience. We are sensitive to individual needs and learning styles.
- A SEPARATE MIDDLE SCHOOL. Our program is designed with the adolescent in mind! We give them structure. We give them responsibility. We give them their own space to grow.
- TRADITIONS, TRADITIONS, TRADITIONS Founder’s Day, Grandparents’ Day, Lessons and Carols, the Christmas Pageant, Big Sister-Little Sister Connections, 100 Nights, Junior Ring Day, Retreats, Chapel services, Peer Leadership, Family Style Lunches…
- AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE. Choosing Marymount means choosing a school where tradition, manners, and values are emphasized. Marymount graduates are fueled with the passion to “challenge, shape, and change the world.”
Profile last updated: 08/31/2012
New York St. Ignatius Loyola School
(Roman Catholic)0.1 mi | 516 students | Gr. K-8
New York Regis High School
All-boys  (Roman Catholic)0.1 mi | 532 students | Gr. 9-12
New York Loyola School
Special Program Emphasis (Roman Catholic)0.2 mi | 199 students | Gr. 9-12
New York Rudolf Steiner School
Special Program Emphasis0.2 mi | 336 students | Gr. PK-12
New York Ramaz School
(Jewish)0.2 mi | 1058 students | Gr. PK-12