Northwood Temple Academy
|School Membership(s)||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||423 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20% (NC School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Average SAT score||1600|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
(khaki pants/collared monogram shirts)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,600|
|Tuition Notes||We offer multiple child discounts.|
|Admissions Director||Maura Knight|
|Admissions Associate||Maura Knight|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
- It is the purpose of Northwood Temple Academy to teach each student that all real truth is God-centered. The only infallible book is the Bible, God’s Word. The Bible, therefore, will be the first and most important textbook in the NTA curriculum. All other textbooks, curricula, and materials are to conform to this basic philosophy of Christian education.
- It is the goal of the Academy to guide each student with growing knowledge of the Bible and to teach the revelation of God through His Son and the principles of His Kingdom. The religious instruction that is offered will be positive, with emphasis upon developing a personal relationship with God.
- It is the purpose of the Academy to guide each student to full intellectual development. This will be achieved through the use and development of language, continual exposure to new information that is presented in understandable ways, and the development of thinking skills in problem-solving learning situations that involve the full range of the curriculum. Experiences that teach will be provided in language (speaking, listening, writing, reading, spelling), mathematics, science, social studies, health, physical education, art, and music.
- Each child is a person who has special gifts of personality, intellect, physical ability, and talents. The experiences that are provided in school should nurture this individuality, while teaching the child to live and work in harmony with others.
- Northwood Temple Academy seeks to promote the highest academic standards and to develop skills in music, in the fine arts, and in athletics.
Profile last updated: 04/22/2013
Related School Videos:
Northwood Temple Academy Band
2 years ago
Northwood Temple Academy Thank you
2 months ago
Related School News:
- Porter-Gaud, Wando fall in Roundball classic - Charleston Post Courier (subscription)
posted on December 29, 2012 at 09:04:03 am
Porter-Gaud, Wando fall in Roundball classicCharleston Post Courier (subscription)Mount St. Joseph will play Charlotte Christian in the Rotary Bracket championship today at ...
- Wando opens Roundball Classic with win over North Charleston - Charleston Post Courier (subscription)
posted on December 27, 2012 at 09:02:15 am
Wando opens Roundball Classic with win over North CharlestonCharleston Post Courier (subscription)Josh Gantt led the Cougars with 15 points, hitting 5 of 11 from the field. In ...
- Mohamed-Djitte has new offers - The Devils Den.com (subscription)
posted on December 26, 2012 at 10:50:27 pm
The Devils Den.com (subscription)Mohamed-Djitte has new offersThe Devils Den.com (subscription)After sitting out most of the summer, Mohamed-Djitte, a standout at ...
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 0.1 mi. away
Gr. PK-9 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-12 | 1.4 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 3.6 mi. away