|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 7|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||6% (PA School Avg.: 20%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||11%|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition shown is for 5 full days. Other lower cost options are available for preschool grades.|
|% on Financial Aid||15%|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Handbell Choir, Student choir Handbell Choir, Student choir,|
- St. John Lutheran School is the longest-serving Christian school in the York area. The school opened its doors on September 1, 1874 and has been operating continuously ever since - 134 years!
- We promote Christian values through: Hiring teachers who promote and exhibit acceptable Christian behavior, Daily prayers in the classrooms, Weekly chapel services.
- Our teacher requirements include: Certification or significant progress toward certification in Early Chilhood Education for Preschool, Bachelors degree in Elementary Education or equivalent certification with 4-year degree for grades Kindergarten through 6.
- Computer curriculum is based upon a contract with the University of Richmond: Age appropriate curriculum starting at Kindergarten, Students use MS Office progams such as Word and PowerPoint starting in 1st Grade, Computer skills are integrated into the entire elementary academic curriculum for use in reports and presentations.
- Our students' above-average standardized test scores show the results. We utilize the Stanford Achievement Test, which is recognized nationwide as the standard for student evaluation, to ensure that our program provides the high-quality education our families expect.
- Other features include: Before-school and After-school care programs (additional cost), Summer program offered at a reasonable cost, Student body that represents more than 40 congregations in the York area, Tuition assistance program for qualifying families, A very active Parent-Teacher League (PTL) that sponsors many great events such as movie nights, ice cream socials, field trips, and festivals.
York Small Steps Daycare School
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.5 mi | 77 students | Gr. K
York York Little People Daycare School
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.6 mi | 23 students | Gr. K
York 1st Church Of Brethren Cdc
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Brethren)0.8 mi | 110 students | Gr. NS-PK
York St. Joseph School
(Roman Catholic)0.9 mi | 368 students | Gr. K-7
York East York KinderCare
Early Childhood / Day Cares1 mi | 10 students | Gr. NS-PK