Pinewood Preparatory School
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||742 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||10% (SC School Avg.: 17%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||54%|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||31%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Nicole Bailey|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Ramsey|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
- Pinewood Preparatory School is an independent, college preparatory school located in Summerville, S.C., dedicated to giving students in three-year-old preschool through 12th grade a foundation for success in all aspects of life. Pinewood places strong emphasis on educating, inspiring, and motivating students as they guide them toward leadership and achievement. Within a family-like atmosphere, the focus is on developing well-rounded students with rigorous academics, small class sizes, competitive athletics, and diverse extra-curricular and fine arts programs.
Pinewood Preparatory School’s 43-acre campus is 30 minutes from downtown Charleston. Facilities include 56 classrooms, a college style lecture hall, six science laboratories, computer, media, and student centers, gymnasiums, an auditorium, and athletic fields. The school offers a diverse and challenging curriculum that includes fifteen Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Students exhibit increasingly competitive scores on the SAT and have a high (80 percent) passing rate on AP exams.
In keeping with a mission of developing well-rounded students, Pinewood Preparatory offers over sixty-five organizations representing a wide range of academic, athletic, fine arts, and extra curricular programs. Ninety percent of graduates participate in at least one extra-curricular activity, and nearly seventy-five percent participate in at least one athletic endeavor. With ninety-seven percent of graduating seniors typically enrolling in four-year colleges, Pinewood Preparatory students have a notable acceptance rate at some of the nation’s most prestigious and competitive universities and colleges. Over thirty percent tend to go out-of-state to college, and students regularly enroll in South Carolina’s most competitive public and private colleges, with many attending honors programs.
The faculty at Pinewood Preparatory School demonstrates academic strength, with fifty-four percent holding advanced degrees and an average of fifteen years teaching. Pinewood Preparatory has a current enrollment of approximately 750 students from Dorchester, Berkeley, Charleston and Colleton counties. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Southern Association of Independent Schools. Pinewood Preparatory is also a member in the National Association of Independent Schools, the South Carolina Independent School Association, and the Palmetto Association of IndependentSchools.
Profile last updated: 10/24/2012
Related School Videos:
Pinewood Preparatory School Summerville SC
2 years ago
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Pinewood student to advance to National Geographic Bee
posted on March 31, 2013 at 08:52:11 pm
After nearly three hours of quizzes and questions, it all came down to the Tigris and Euphrates rivers at Friday’s state-level National Geographic Bee. The question: The city of Baghdad is located on what river in Southwest Asia? If ...
- Dancing with the Stars at Pinewood to benefit ARK
posted on March 12, 2013 at 08:36:41 pm
Over four hundred people came out Saturday to watch local celebrities strut their stuff in the Third Annual Dancing with the ARK's Stars event held at Pinewood Prep. Each celebrity was paired with a professional dancer from ...
- Pinewood golfer Dambaugh in hunt for 10th state title
posted on March 8, 2013 at 08:24:26 pm
Katelyn Dambaugh is one championship ring away from having one for every finger, thumbs included. Dambaugh, a two-sport star at Pinewood Prep, just ordered her ninth state championship ring after helping the girls basketball team win its third straight SCISA state title. She’s going after No. 10 now that the Pinewood boys golf season has begun. Yes, she plays for ...
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 3-12 | 3.9 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 3.9 mi. away
Gr. K | 4.3 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 4.4 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 4.9 mi. away
- April 16,2013 - This school is a gem! Top flight academics - stellar athletics - wonderful arts programs. The faculty is the best.*-Posted by Parent *
- January 31,2013 - I am the parent of a recent Pinewood graduate. I continually hear from my daughter and her friends who graduated from Pinewood about how well-prepared they are for college. Pinewood provided my daughter with the tools and the confidence to easily navigate through her first year of college. As a result of her participation in the arts, athletics, and student organizations at Pinewood, she has continued to participate in all of these activities at her college. Although I could tell that she was receiving an excellent education at Pinewood, it was when she arrived at college that SHE realized the true value of her Pinewood education.*-Posted by Parent *
- December 11,2012 - My daughter is a new high school student at Pinewood this year and we have been quite happy with the quality of the academic program and the commitment of the teachers. Having been part of a private school up north, we have very expectations. Pinewood can provide the quality program comparable with schools anywhere at a tremendous tuition value. The sports and arts programs are also top notch. We are so glad that we moved to the Charleston area and found Pinewood.*-Posted by Parent *