Grades: PK - 8 | 121 students
While we excel at academics, First Lutheran School strives to be well-rounded in every way, to nurture the whole child. We call this “ministry in motion”— teaching through doing.
First Lutheran School is committed to a total program of Christian Education.
FLS offers Christian education from Early Childhood Education through the Eighth grade.
Believing all children are created by God, First Lutheran School together with family and church educates children's spirits, minds, and bodies in a Christ-centered environment, preparing them for Christian service and eternal life.
Our goal for Christian education is to equip our students both spiritually and physicallly and nurture them in Christian love as they grow in knowledge, attitudes, and skills so that we may enable our students to reach their full potential as Christian individuals and responsible citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||12%
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||10%|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants, polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for complete tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid||50%|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Steele|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama Club, Animal Club Drama Club, Animal Club,|
- Academica's have always been at the top of our educational priority list at First Lutheran School. Though we follow Tennessee's Guidelines for Education and Core Knowledge, we strive to take your child well beyond state standards and our track record consistently has demonstrated success in doing so. It is our conviction is that no education is complete without the teachings of Jesus Christ. We see His teaching as the 'crown jewel' of an outstanding education. Learning of Jesus wisdom and love will make your child well prepared for the world, feel safer and more secure no matter what adversities may come. The earlier children learn of His truth and mercy, the more confident they are as they grow in academics, athletics, and the arts even into high school, college, and beyond. With Christ's teachings and our experienced and caring faculty and staff, our school is ready to prepare your child for tomorrow. We invite you to enroll today and learn how this is most certainly true. Our Mission We believe that all children are created and loved by God. First Lutheran School together with family and church educates children's spirits, minds, and bodies in a Christ-centered environment, preparing them for Christian service and eternal life. Our Objectives
- To equip our students both spiritually and academically
- To nurture them in Christian love as they grow in knowledge, attitudes, and skills
- To enable our students to reach their full potential as Christian individuals and responsible citizens.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KnoxvilleGrades: K | 22 students
1601 Dandridge Ave
Knoxville, TN 37915
KnoxvilleGrades: PK-12 | 80 students
2434 E 5th Ave
Knoxville, TN 37917
KnoxvilleGrades: PK-KG | 35 students
Po Box 22634
Knoxville, TN 37933
KnoxvilleGrades: PK-12 | 369 students
Po Box 31733
Knoxville, TN 37930
KnoxvilleGrades: K-6 | 25 students
Po Box 10105
Knoxville, TN 37939
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.