Our schooli is presently working towards acheiving Private School Accreditation.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 6|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||15% (TX School Avg.: 34%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||25%|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies with class level and schedule. We offer 2, 3, 4, and 5 day programs depending on the age. See our website for further information.|
|% on Financial Aid||1%|
|Admissions Director||Nilofer Siddiqui|
|Admissions Associate||Brooke Cunningham|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Football, Jazz Dance, Private Piano Lessons, Small Group Guitar Lessons, Soccer Superstars, Sports Fun, Tae Kwon Do, Tumbling|
- Established in 1984, Spell Well Montessori School is privately owned and operated. Our facility is located on a three acre campus in the beautiful, Spring-Klein area of North-West Houston. We use the Montessori philosophy to provide an outstanding early learning experience for children in a bright, clean, pleasant, nurturing, and loving environment.
- With an increasing percentage of American children spending a large part of their day in the care of someone other than their parents, it is more important than ever for parents to ensure that their children are attending a school which provides a loving and nurturing environment yet has an excellent academic program. “We give children knowledge with love” is our motto and we ensure each child’s growth and development progresses according to each individual child’s potential.
- Our school has excellent advanced curricula for Infants and Toddlers, Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, all the way through Elementary. All of our students receive loving attention and care in an enriching environment. For these youngsters, our school is a “home away from home.” We provide a clean, comfortable setting in which they can learn and grow. We maintain small classes, structured so that our teachers can give individual attention to each child.
- Spell Well is dedicated to the innovative concepts of Dr. Maria Montessori for enhancing children’s growth, education, and overall development. When Dr. Montessori developed her education methods in late nineteenth –century Italy, her system revolutionized the way children were taught. Her Montessori environment enabled children to explore the world at a level of their understanding and they progressed from learning concrete concepts to understanding abstract ones. When her philosophy was incorporated into classrooms it produced outstanding results and was quickly implemented in schools worldwide.
- Children learn by manipulating materials and interacting with others.
- There are materials in the class room for each area of learning: practical life, sensorial, mathematics, language, science, geography, and music.
- Children learn self-discipline and social skills by developing a rapport with their classmates and teachers.
- As Dr. Montessori observes in Education for a New World, “Another well-known characteristic of children of this age is that they are always asking questions seeking the truth of things.” Our classrooms allow children to both learn and indulge this natural curiosity. Montessori theory supports multi-age grouping In our Montessori classrooms, the children’s ages range from one to one and a half years. Eighteen months to two and a half years, three to four and a half years, and four years to six years, and then our elementary class ranges from 6 to twelve years of age. In The Absorbent Mind, Dr. Montessori notes, “What matters is to mix the ages. Our schools show that children of different age can help one another…the mind of a five year old is so much nearer than ours to the mind of a child of three, that the little one learns easily what we should find hard to impart…There is communication and harmony between the two that one seldom finds between the adult and the child.” Montessori materials are aesthetically pleasing to the children. The attractively designed Montessori materials implement “control or error” by which children actively and autonomously learn Montessori materials correct use. Materials are arranged on shelves at child-friendly height. According to Dr. Montessori in Education for a New World, “The child of three must handle things for purposes of his own. When things are made for him in proportion to his size, and he can be active, his whole character seems to change and he becomes calm and contented.” The quality of educational care makes a difference. Children’s future academic abilities are built upon the foundations of early educational experiences. A solid early educational foundation can help children develop the healthy attention spans required for later learning. Elizabeth G. Hainstock reflects upon this in Teaching Montessori in the Home: “The important thing for all children, whether they are six or sixteen, is to know the fundamentals of mathematics and languages so that they may better understand and succeed in the more advanced concepts.” The first six years in a child’s life are the most crucial and formative in academic development. Research shows that learning is delayed if a particular sensitive stage of learning has passed. Spell Well Montessori’s Kindergarten and Elementary syllabus’ fully prepare children for first elementary school and beyond. We are a preparatory institution for children who will later join the public school system or other private schools. In today’s highly competitive world of commercialized schools, Spell Well Montessori School stands apart by imparting a genuine solid education and emphasizes basic skills such as mathematics reading and writing. We encourage participation and self expression to help each child develop self-esteem to face the future with confidence. Spell Well teachers are Montessori certified and have many years of teaching experience. Our assistant teachers are also certified in Montessori early childhood education. We offer enrichment activities through Spanish instruction, P.E as well as weekly dance and music classes. We also have an after school program for older siblings and can help you arrange transportation to/from other local schools. Our after school activities are amazing! We currently offer programs from Young Brothers Tae Kwon Do (2 days per week), Tumble Team and Sports Fun from The Fun Pack, Soccer Superstars, a Jazz Dance class, as well as private music lessons—ALL on school grounds. Our hours of operation are 6:30am to 6:30pm Monday through Friday. We accept infants at 6 weeks of age and beginning at 18 months, offer 2, 3, 4, or 5 day a week programs. Formal classroom instruction varies slightly by the age group. We would love to show you our campus, call to schedule an appointment.
Profile last updated: 09/05/2013
Spring Trillium Day School
Spring Greystone House Montessori School
Montessori School0.1 mi | 56 students | Gr. K
Spring Montessori Greystone House
Montessori School0.3 mi | 2 students | Gr. K
Spring Greengate Academy
Spring Trinity Lutheran School
(Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)1.5 mi | 451 students | Gr. 2-9