|School Membership(s)||New England Association of Schools and Colleges
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||660 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5% (VT School Avg.: 7%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 31 / Oct. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$39,600|
|Tuition Notes||Above cost for 7 day boarder. 5 day boarding tuition: $28,280.|
|Admissions Director||Mary B. Thomas|
|Admissions Associate||Adrian Walther|
- Lyndon Institute occupies 150 acres in the historic New England village of Lyndon Center, deep in the beautiful north-eastern part of Vermont. The campus is 5 kilometres from the Burke Mountain Ski Area, a great venue for weekend recreation.
- Lyndon Institute's 27 buildings include networked classrooms, science laboratories, a library/multi-media center, an auditorium which seats 650, a 250-seat dining hall, 2 full gymnasiums and extensive sports facilities. Courses range from college preparatory courses at the honors or Advanced Placement level to Pre-Engineering and Computer Technology courses. In addition to the regular curriculum, LI offers intermediate and advanced ESL courses for international students.
- Boarding students live on campus in three larger dormitories and several small cottages, which offer a combination of single and double rooms. Students enjoy a wide array of extra-curricular opportunities including 14 different competitive sports and over 20 different clubs and activities, such as Volunteer Club, Public Speaking Club (Forensics) and Dance Club, to name only a few.
- Every student is paired with a counselor through the academic program or boarding program (boarding students receive both) who can advise on college and career choices.
Related School News:
- Robots Face Off in FIRST Tech Challenge at UVM - UVM News
posted on February 27, 2013 at 01:08:19 am
UVM NewsRobots Face Off in FIRST Tech Challenge at UVMUVM NewsThe Vermont teams were: Essex High School/Center for Technology, Essex; U32 (East ...
- Best High School Rivalry in the Northern USA in Vermont! - FOX44 - Burlington ... - Fox44abc22yourvoice
posted on December 13, 2012 at 02:15:53 am
Best High School Rivalry in the Northern USA in Vermont! - FOX44 - Burlington ...Fox44abc22yourvoiceThe Hilltopppers of St. Johnsbury Academy and the Vikings of Lyndon Institute ...
- F-35 Protest & Trip - FOX44 - Burlington / Plattsburgh News, Weather & Sports - Fox44abc22yourvoice
posted on December 13, 2012 at 01:25:12 am
F-35 Protest & Trip - FOX44 - Burlington / Plattsburgh News, Weather & SportsFox44abc22yourvoiceThe Hilltopppers of St. Johnsbury Academy and the Vikings of Lyndon Institute ...
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 1-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 8-12 | 2.2 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 2.2 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 3.4 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 6 mi. away