|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild autism spectrum|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20% (CA School Avg.: 40%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Partial scholarship assistance may be available for families who meet criteria and demonstrate need.|
Mardan offers a primary intervention program designed for high-risk
young children who are struggling with social development or
impulsive behavior. They may be showing signs of Attention-Deficit
Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorders, or may be
falling behind in developing appropriate pre-academic and social
- The Primary Intervention classes serve children from ages 4 through 8, grades Pre-K through 2nd grade:
- Classes limited to a maximum of 10 children, with two teachers - an experienced, credentialed master teacher and a full-time assistant teacher
- Designed as a highly structured, safe, and nurturing environment with clear expectations and firm limits
- Emphasis upon helping students learn to regulate behaviors, develop appropriate language skills, and experience success in their day-to-day interactions
- Strong emphasis on pre-academic and academic learning including language arts development, math skills, science, and social studies, using multi-sensory instructional strategies
- Targeted social skills development in the classroom, with additional small group support with clinical staff (Speech/Language Pathologist and/or Psychologist)
- All school resources accessed, including school library, art program, P.E. classes in the gym, and cooking activities in the kitchen
- The Day School program includes grades 2nd through 8th, and emphasizes a success-oriented focus that balances both academic and social needs in a highly structured environment:
- Class size limited to 10 (grades 2-5) or 12 (grades 6-8), and taught by an experienced, credentialed master teacher and a full-time assistant teacher.
- Rigorous academic curriculum aligned with California State Standards, with differentiated instruction designed to meet specific learning needs.
- Concurrent with academic instruction, students learn organization skills, study skills, social communication skills, problem-solving and coping skills.
- Social skills development is integrated into program and addressed throughout the day in a variety of ways.
- The school day experience is further enriched by a variety of support services and resources:
- Regular Physical Education (P.E.) classes, under the direction of a credentialed Adaptive P.E. Specialist. The structured program of sports and activities help students learn skills, develop good sportsmanship, and enjoy peer interaction.
- Weekly scheduled time in the school library, where students receive guidance on using resources to complete research and assignments, choose books for personal reading enjoyment, and access computer applications and the internet.
- Bi-weekly group art lessons guided by the Art Teacher. Art projects are often coordinated with classroom curriculum, and promote art skills, appreciation, and creative exploration.
- Life skills/cooking projects in the student kitchen, geared towards teaching healthy living habits and fostering positive group interaction and teamwork.
- Regularly scheduled time in our computer lab where students learn and practice computer and research skills, as well as creative projects utilizing technology
- Speech & Language services provided by a licensed SLP for those students with identified needs
- Clinical Psychologist on staff to provide regular and as-needed/crisis counseling, as well as collaborate with parents and other mental health professionals working with your child.
- The Mardan High School program, grades 9th through 12th, utilizes similar resources and strategies as in the younger grades, but emphasizes developing the skills and strategies that will enable students to be successful as they grow into young adults. The program is designed for diploma-tracked students who may need a smaller, supported environment in order to achieve graduation requirements
Related School Videos:
Mardan School friends party
1 year ago.
1 year ago.
GARHI KAPURA AMAZAI MARDAN SCHOOL /////QAWALI.
1 year ago.
mardan school dance uplod shahfahad khan mardan
1 year ago.
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-K | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K-1 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-PK | 0.8 mi. away