|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States
North Central Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||700 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||98% (WI School Avg.: 23%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dress pants and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes books.|
|% on Financial Aid||99%|
|Admissions Director||Joanna Mistrioty|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Jackson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football,
Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Accounting Club, Ambassadors, Art Club, Band, Book Club, Campus Ministry, Cheerleading, Choir, Environmental Club, Forensics, French Club, Latino Club, Mock Trial Team, Movie Club, National Honor Society, Peer Tutors, Photography Club, Recruitment Club, Robotics Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Tennis Club, Weight Lifting Club, World Cultures Club|
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE Messmer's learning environment and college preparatory curriculum prepares its graduates with skills to excel in college, to succeed in the work force, and to become productive citizens.
- COLLEGE PREPARATION Messmer's Guidance Department works closely with each student and their family to develop a plan for post-secondary education. Over 87% of Messmer High School graduates go onto higher education throughout the country. Our graduating classes typically earn millions in scholarships.
- SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT We believe in a faith-based approach to education, where each student explores their spirituality and uncovers their God-given gifts. We welcome students of all faiths.
- AFFORDABLE EDUCATION Messmer works hard to ensure that all who want to be a part of the Messmer family are able to regardless of one's financial ability to pay. Messmer offers many opportunities for financial aid in the forms of scholarships, work study, and grants based on need and academic performance. In addition, Messmer participates in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program.
- CARING COMMUNITY Graduates of Messmer have described the school as a "safe and caring environment with a family-like atmosphere." Small class sizes enable students to receive individualized attention and develop a personal rapport with faculty, staff and students.
- COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY Messmer High School welcomes and supports students from all racial, religious and economic backgrounds. Messmer understands the value of diversity and creates an inclusive environment that appreciates the contributions that different backgrounds and experiences can bring to the school environment.
- LATINO SUPPORT / SERVICIOS DE APOYO PARA ESTUDIANTES LATINOS Messmer recognizes the challenges that English as a second language can bring to the school environment. To better serve Latino families, Messmer offers numerous services to meet those needs. Messmer reconoce los desafíos que el inglés como segundo idioma puede traer al ambiente de la escuela. Para un mejor servicio para nuestras familias Latinas, Messmer ofrece numerosos servicios para resolver esas necesidades.
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Messmer offers a variety of extracurricular activities and sports to match the interests of our diverse student body.
- COMPETITIVE SPORTS Messmer students participate in competitive sports programs through the Midwest Classic Conference. Through athletics, students learn life long skill sets like commitment, team work and leadership.
Profile last updated: 01/30/2013
Milwaukee Hope Christian School - Fortis
(Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)0.5 mi | 168 students | Gr. K-9
Milwaukee Gospel Lutheran School
(Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)0.5 mi | 58 students | Gr. K-9
Milwaukee The Hope School
(Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)0.9 mi | 288 students | Gr. 9-12
Milwaukee Siloah Lutheran School
(Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)1 mi | 226 students | Gr. PK-8
Milwaukee Malaika Early Learning Center
Early Childhood / Day Cares1 mi | 66 students | Gr. K