Riverdale High School
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5% (OR School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||84%|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|All courses offer Honors options|
|Average SAT score||1787|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,600|
|Tuition Notes||Some financial assistance is available|
|% on Financial Aid||5%|
|Admissions Director||Hilary Chandler|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||11 extracurriculars|
|Mock Trial||National Honor Society|
- Imagine a public high school so attractive that 2/3 of its students come from outside its small district boundaries, paying over $11,000 a year to attend. A public high school that has to compete even for its own resident students, who have open access to an adjoining district's large traditional high schools.
- Imagine a high school where to graduate every student must complete: 4 years of English; 4 years of Math; 4 years of Science; 4 years of History; 4 years of Art; 2 years of Foreign Language; plus a year-long Senior Exhibition many compare to a college thesis.
- Imagine a high school where over 90% of its graduates go on to college.
- Imagine a high school that offers an Honors Curriculum within each class section, challenging those who want it, but not isolating students from each other. In so doing, the school builds an inclusive social fabric as strong as its academic standing.
- Imagine a high school where there are a wide variety of activities: athletic teams, drama, music, Mock Trial (state champions 2005), Bridge Building (state champions 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010) - where everyone is encouraged to participate rather than spectate.
- Imagine a high school built on these ideas that has grown in its first 10 years from 30 students to the mid-200's, with a ceiling of 300.
- That school is Riverdale High School in Portland, OR.
Related School Videos:
Riverdale High School Jazz Band "Spain"
1 year ago.
Riverdale High School Rookie Fanfare
3 years ago
Related School News:
- Riverdale School District pressure on Oregon legislators keeps public school ... - OregonLive.com
posted on April 6, 2013 at 01:18:33 am
Riverdale School District pressure on Oregon legislators keeps public school ...OregonLive.comView full size Riverdale High School sophomores Sophie Hamilton, 15, center left, ...
- Oregon school districts should be allowed to charge tuition: Guest opinion - OregonLive.com
posted on March 30, 2013 at 12:15:36 pm
Oregon school districts should be allowed to charge tuition: Guest opinionOregonLive.comArguably, the school that would be most affected by HB2748 is Riverdale High School ...
- Another Day, Another Arrest: Atlanta Hawks Player Popped For Refusing To Move His Car
posted on March 13, 2011 at 04:23:45 pm
What the hell?? Atlanta Hawks reserve forward Josh Powell was arrested before Saturday night’s game at Philips Arena after police say he repeatedly refused to move his car ...
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. PK | 1.4 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.6 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.7 mi. away