|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||689 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Lower School students wear uniforms.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,960|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kï¿½$16,960; K-grade 5ï¿½$20,260; grades 6-8ï¿½$22,130; grades 9-12ï¿½$22,870. Need-based financial aid available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Steve Saalfeld|
|Admissions Associate||Cheryl Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Crew, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service Club, Green Derby, Green Key Club, International Club, Knitting Club, Knowledge Bowl, Madden Club, Theatre Guild Green Derby, Green Key Club, Knitting Club, Knowledge Bowl, Madden Club, Theatre Guild, Community Service Club,
- Step into our classrooms and you'll feel a sense of excitement, discovery, and innovation. Watch as lifelong learning habits and study skills are honed. Hear passionate, versatile students engage in independent thought and original expression. It's all possible in small classes with teachers who are specialists in their fields and given the time to work with each and every student.
- We offer the broadest and deepest learning experience and the support to meet higher expectations. In our classes you'll hear as much laughter as lecturing. You'll see that college prep means building skills and confidence, not just knowledge. Even for our youngest students, we believe world languages, science labs, athletics, and arts are an absolute must.
- A child's heart and mind grow dramatically between ages 4 and 18, and our teachers are highly invested in that growth. We know students work harder for people about whom they care and in whom they trust. That's why our teachers earn their students' respect-by being trustworthy and always available.
- While 100 percent of our students are college bound, a college degree is not where the journey ends. This is challenging, rewarding, and joyous training for life! Our students earn top scores on the SAT and are accepted by the most selective schools, but we're proud the schools they choose are as diverse as our students themselves.
Profile last updated: 02/25/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TacomaGrades: NS-12 | 517 students
827 N Tacoma Ave
Tacoma, WA 98403
TacomaGrades: 9-12 | 1018 students
2300 S Washington St
Tacoma, WA 98405
TacomaGrades: PK-12 | 621 students
1717 S Union Ave
Tacoma, WA 98405
University PlaceGrades: PK-8 | 137 students
5412 67th Ave W
University Place, WA 98467
RedmondGrades: NS-12 | 767 students
8905 208th Avenue NE
Redmond, WA 98053
Charles Wright has been the perfect place for my child. She is able to be challenged academically and thrive socially. She is in the lower school and there is a great sense of community there. I highly recommend Charles Wright Academy!
- Posted by Parent - sgian
We absolutely recommend Charles Wright Academy!! Our child's experience has been great! We feel he receives great education and support.
- Posted by Parent - slaro
Our son has been going to this school since kindergarten. We love it! He is in 7th grade now and so so happy.
- Posted by Parent - audry