Green Meadow Waldorf School
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 12|
|Total Students||386 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||22% (NY School Avg.: 23%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||43%|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $8,100 for nursery to $20,750 for 12th grade.|
|% on Financial Aid||30%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,500|
|Admissions Director||Katie Ketchum|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Miccio|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Track and Field||Volleyball|
|Total Extracurriculars||6 extracurriculars|
|Community Service Group||Drama Club|
|Literary Magazine Committee||Robotics Club|
|Student Council||Yearbook Committee|
- Green Meadow is one of more than nearly 1000 Waldorf schools worldwide which hold in common the aims of the original Waldorf school – to nurture a clear and responsible sense of self in all students, heightening their awareness of the larger world and their part in it.
- Every Green Meadow Waldorf student receives an education that incorporates foreign languages, an appreciation and respect for worldwide cultures both current and historical, and a broad array of fine and performing arts including, music, movement, sculpture, painting, drawing. Our excellent math program builds proficiency in arithmetic, geometry, algebra, trigonometry and calculus. Science offerings contain a strong empirical component, allowing students to learn scientific principles through first-hand experience and observation.
- The curriculum incorporates many field trips and activities designed to bring the subject matter to life in a vivid fashion.
- The school is in walking distance of Sunbridge College, a Waldorf teacher training school; the School of Eurythmy; the Fellowship Community, which cares for the elderly and maintains a farm and biodynamic apple orchard; the Hungry Hollow Co-op, a natural foods cooperative market; and the Threefold swimming pond. This extended community, situated on over 200 adjacent acres, provides opportunities for students to bring the curriculum to life by connecting classroom lessons to real world experiences.
- The school is accredited by both the New York State Association of Independent Schools and the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America.
Profile last updated: 09/11/2012
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Captain Planet Recognizes Waldorf Schools for their Environmental Education - Melodika.net (press release)
posted on December 8, 2012 at 09:23:56 pm
Captain Planet Recognizes Waldorf Schools for their Environmental EducationMelodika.net (press release)Green Meadow Waldorf School has taken significant initiative to create an ...
- Celebration of First Nyack Indoor Farmers Market (VIDEO) - Patch.com
posted on November 30, 2012 at 01:07:48 pm
Celebration of First Nyack Indoor Farmers Market (VIDEO)Patch.comSponsors of both the indoor and outdoor farmers market include the Green Meadow Waldorf ...
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 1.8 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 1.9 mi. away