Grades: NS - 12 | 386 students
Green Meadow Waldorf School offers Parent & Child classes for babies and toddlers up to age 3, serves children from Nursery through 12th grade, and also runs popular summer programs.
Founded in 1950 and situated on 11 beautiful acres, we are one of the oldest, largest Waldorf schools in the US, with almost 400 students.
Benefiting from discovery and play in our Early Childhood program, skill-building in the Lower School, and rigorous intellectual challenges in the High School, Green Meadow students go on to top colleges, fulfilling careers, and are known for their resilience and creativity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 12|
|Total Students||386 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||22%
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||43%|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $8,100 for nursery to $20,750 for 12th grade.|
|% on Financial Aid||30%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa McDonagh|
|Admissions Associate||Barbara Mann|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service Group, Drama Club, Literary Magazine Committee, Robotics Club, Student Council, Yearbook Committee Drama Club, Robotics Club, Community Service Group,
Literary Magazine Committee,
- Green Meadow is one of more than nearly 1000 Waldorf schools worldwide which hold in common the aims of the original Waldorf school – to nurture a clear and responsible sense of self in all students, heightening their awareness of the larger world and their part in it.
- Every Green Meadow Waldorf student receives an education that incorporates world languages, an appreciation and respect for worldwide cultures both current and historical, and a broad array of fine and performing arts including, music, movement, sculpture, painting, drawing. Our excellent math program builds proficiency in arithmetic, geometry, algebra, trigonometry and calculus. Science offerings contain a strong empirical component, allowing students to learn scientific principles through first-hand experience and observation.
- The curriculum incorporates many field trips and activities designed to bring the subject matter to life in a vivid fashion.
- The school is in walking distance of Sunbridge Institute, a Waldorf teacher training school; the School of Eurythmy; the Fellowship Community, which cares for the elderly and maintains a farm and biodynamic apple orchard; the Hungry Hollow Co-op, a natural foods cooperative market; and the Threefold swimming pond. This extended community, situated on over 200 adjacent acres, provides opportunities for students to bring the curriculum to life by connecting classroom lessons to real world experiences.
- The school is accredited by both the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS) and the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA).
Profile last updated: 07/09/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MonseyGrades: UG | 62 students
Po Box 937
Monsey, NY 10952
AirmontGrades: 9-12 | 122 students
260 Saddle River Rd
Airmont, NY 10952
MontvaleGrades: PK-KG | 175 students
115 Spring Valley Rd
Montvale, NJ 07645
Spring ValleyGrades: KG-12 | 1699 students
89 S Main St
Spring Valley, NY 10977
MonseyGrades: PK-11 | 71 students
133 Route 59
Monsey, NY 10952
Rental Market Monitor
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.
June 28, 2015
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.