Wallingford Family YMCA All Day Kindergarten
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - Kindergarten|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||10% (CT School Avg.: 24%)|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
- The YMCA All Day Kindergarten occupies four spacious rooms on the 2nd floor of KinderHouse, located at 16 Wallace Street, Wallingford, CT. An enclosed playground, picnic tables and playscape provide a safe, outdoor area.
- The Wallingford YMCA was first to venture in operating a full day Kindergarten Program in the Wallingford Community and is 15 years young. Academic Program runs from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Extended Day hours meet the needs of working parents for both before and after school care, 6:45 AM – 9:00 AM and/or 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
- The All Day Kindergarten aims to meet the developmental needs of each child. Scheduling, pacing and rhythm of each activity is consistent with recognized principles of childhood education. The All Day Kindergarten provides creative opportunities and experience, which stimulate a child’s physical, social, intellectual and emotional development.
- Students benefit from small class size, 1:1 instruction and the presence of two teachers daily. Handwriting, phonics, math, science, social studies and developmental concepts are part our daily lessons. Enrichment programs include Reach for the Stars Reading Program, PAF (Preventing Academic Failure) approach to handwriting, reading and phonics, Computer Tots computer classes, field trips, swim lessons, art, music and physical education.
- For information contact Nancy Germain & Maggie Maugeri at 203-284-5328 or Jane Rynaski, School Age Child Care Director at email@example.com.
Gr. K | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. 1-8 | 1.8 mi. away
Gr. 1-12 | 1.9 mi. away