|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 8|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||37% (CA School Avg.: 43%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,500|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||4 extracurriculars|
|Ashland OR Shakespeare Festival||Community Service|
|Outdoor Education||Student Council|
- Specialists in middle school gifted education
- Emphasis on the development of emotional intelligence through the Self-Science curriculum
- Challenging and academically rigorous curriculum created specifically for the unique learning needs of gifted and talented students
- Non-traditional physical education program including tai chi, yoga, karate, dance, aerobics, stage compat, fencing, swimming and hiking.
- Integrated creative arts program as part of the core curriculum
- Annual trips to Ranch Camp, Ashland Shakespeare Festival, Outdoor Education sites (varies each year) and Japan (8th graders only)
- Student self-discipline, self-knowledge and responsibility is a major focus of the educational approach at Odyssey
- Japanese foreign language education
- Effects smooth transitions between entrance to middle school and 6th grade and exit to high school from middle school.
Related School News:
- Mission fest marks Dia de los Muertos
posted on November 3, 2012 at 04:12:00 am
Mission fest marks Dia de los Muertos While most of San Francisco was still decked out in orange and black to honor the World Series champion Giants, Garfield Square in the Mission District was awash with vibrant colors Friday in preparation for the evening's Dia de los Muertos celebration. To mark the Day of the ...
- Sister school lends a hand to Japanese
posted on March 17, 2011 at 12:11:26 pm
San Mateo’s Odyssey School established a special relationship with a sister school in Japan a decade ago. Last October, about 10 girls ...
- Filling empty bowls
posted on December 10, 2009 at 05:10:40 pm
Food will always be in demand, but continues to be out of reach for millions of ...
Gr. 6-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-1 | 1.8 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 1.8 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 2 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 2 mi. away
Gr. 6-12 | 2 mi. away