|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||412 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||40%
State avg.: 37%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||50%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 30 / Aug. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|% on Financial Aid||5%|
|Admissions Director||Amy Peterson|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Solid academics are key to any successful private school. What sets Cornerstone Christian Academy apart is our solid academics combined with the biblical principles upon which our mission is founded. Beginning in pre-k, students are challenged to think critically, to analyze the world around them and to continue developing their relationship with Christ. As they continue through elementary, middle, and high school, students continue to be seekers of truth and workers for social justice.
The mission of Cornerstone Christian Academy is to equip students with skills for life and faith for eternity.
Provide a developmentally appropriate educational experience in a Christian setting that will support future academic growth. Enrich your child’s life with a wide variety of activities in a safe and nurturing environment.
Students receive religious instruction daily at the school. Worship time consists of Bible songs, scriptures and prayers. All aspects of teaching include the Christian perspective, providing guidance for personal responsibility and friendship. Teachers model Christian principles as they lead children to know God as their Father of Jesus as their Savior.
- Respect – We will show respect daily in the way we interact with our children, families and teachers.
- Excellence – We will show excellence in being adequately prepared, striving for flawless execution in all we do.
- Responsibility – We will exercise biblical stewardship as demonstrated through ownership, citizenship, confidentiality, safety, security and taking care of property.
- Integrity – We will be honest in all our dealings, staying true to our mission and vision.
- Teamwork – We will foster communication and cooperation as key elements of an environment of teamwork with parents, faculty and the church.
- Spiritual Development – We value the importance of Christian character development among students and faculty. We seek to teach children to distinguish between right and wrong based on Christian teachings and principles.
- Balanced Education – We value the challenge of helping children grow and mature in all areas of development. We seek this balance in order to help each child reach his/her fullest potential and to attain a positive self-image as well as social grace.
- Academic Focus – We value all learning styles and seek teachers who will motivate students to learn. We place great curriculum emphasis on building a strong school performance.
- Independence – We value the opportunity to help children develop self-reliance, self-control and responsibility. We understand that these characteristics impact their feelings of worth and greatly enhance school performance.
- Guidance– We value a positive learning environment that allows children to learn. Teachers lovingly use fair and consistent expectations for behavior.
Communication – We value the importance of open and positive communication between school and the home. We seek to work as a team with parents in the best interests of the children.
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Sugar LandPrimrose School Of Sugar Land
1315 Soldiers Field Dr
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281)277-8585Daycare / Preschool0.2 mi | 62 students | Gr. K
Sugar LandFaith Lutheran School
800 Brooks St
Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)242-4453(Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)0.8 mi | 48 students | Gr. PK-5
Sugar LandTrent International School
2555 Cordes Dr
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281)980-58001.3 mi | 161 students | Gr. PK-12
Sugar LandCambridge Montessori School
6380 Highway 90a
Sugar Land, TX 77498
(281)491-2223Montessori School1.6 mi | 39 students | Gr. PK-2
Sugar LandThe Honor Roll School
4111 Sweetwater Boulevard
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281)265-78881.7 mi | 360 students | Gr. K-8