Grades: 6 - 12 | 161 students
Rio Hondo Prep seeks to provide a college preparatory education for those students who might otherwise be lost in the crowd.
We believe that students of average academic abilities can succeed and indeed excel at the college level and in the vocations that follow if they are given personal attention and encouragement.
We believe that the average student needs an approach to education where stimulus is provided to each student in an array of areas.
Rio Hondo Prep seeks to provide an atmosphere where the average student can thrive without being sidetracked by disruptive influences.
We seek to give students their say by adhering to the democratic process.
We believe that the best discipline is self-discipline and we hold high moral standards based on the Judeo-Christian ethic.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||57%
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Literature, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP US Government, AP US History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact School Office for current tuition.|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Drill Team, Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Drill Team, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Assistant Leadership Program, Drill Team, Educational Summer Tours, HS Performance Choir, HS Symphonic Band, MS Marching Band, Mock Trial, Required member of Kare Youth League, Science Camps, Visual Arts Drill Team, Mock Trial, Science Camps, Visual Arts, Assistant Leadership Program,
Educational Summer Tours,
HS Performance Choir,
HS Symphonic Band,
MS Marching Band,
Required member of Kare Youth League,
- All students take a college prep curriculum certified by the University of California. Graduation requirements match UC/CSU entrance requirements. All graduates are college bound.
- RHP Students have been accepted to UCLA, UC Berkeley and all other UC campuses, USC, Claremont Colleges, Northwestern, Penn St., Smith, Columbia and many others.
- All students participate in interscholastic athletics and the arts. Students also participate in month-long summer tours of the United States and Europe.
- Rio Hondo Prep has a long standing tradition of athletic success based on teamwork and an emphasis on building character. The "Kares" have won CIF Championships and State tournament berths in Football, Volleyball, and Basketball.
- Rio Hondo Prep School is a program of the Kare Youth League, a large youth organization serving the San Gabriel valley since 1931. Most RHP students have participated as members of Kare.
- Pearl Preparatory School is the affiliated K-5 elementary school located just one mile away.
- RHP Students enjoy summer and winter camping programs at Mount Kare, a fully developed residence camp in Wrightwood. High school students study natural history, geology, astronomy and wilderness survival in week-long intensive courses.
- A new sports center/auditorium complex will open in January 2012.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ArcadiaGrades: K | 49 students
100 E Live Oak Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
MonroviaGrades: KG-8 | 169 students
2701 Peck Rd
Monrovia, CA 91016
ArcadiaGrades: K-5 | 114 students
1307 E. Longden Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91006
ArcadiaGrades: PK-KG | 53 students
141 Las Tunas Dr
Arcadia, CA 91007
ArcadiaGrades: PK-8 | 317 students
1900 S Santa Anita Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.