Grades: K - 9 | 201 students
St. Cornelius School has provided quality Catholic education to the Richmond community for fifty-six years. It was created in the late 1940ís by Catholic families who wanted a school for their children. On August 24, 1948, the school was opened and five Sisters of Notre Dame were commissioned as its first teachers. The school successfully operated under the Notre Dame Sisters until they were reassigned to Southern California in 1985. In that year, a school board was appointed and the first lay faculty was developed. In 1989 a full time pastor was assigned to the parish. Since then the school has been educating students under the guidance of the pastor, principal and lay faculty.