The Harker School
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||1746 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||75% (CA School Avg.: 40%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||210 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||62%|
|Number of AP Courses||29 courses|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 14 / Jan. 28|
|Tuition Notes||K-12 tuition ranges from $22,874 to $33,927. Lunch included in Gr. 6-12 tuition. Extensive after-school programs included in all tuitions.|
|% on Financial Aid||10%|
|Admissions Director||Nan Nielsen, Gr. 9-12 Admission|
|Admissions Associate||Pam Gelineau, K-Gr. 5|
- In the last 10 years, seven students have been named Intel Science Talent Search semifinalists.
- Each year over 50% of students are recognized annually by the College Board in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- In 2007 Harker students represented the U.S. at the G8 Summit in Germany.
- In the K-Gr. 8 program, 90% of the students participate in the comprehensive after-school program, which is included in tuition.
- Upper school students participate in CCS sports teams and dozens of clubs and social activities.
- The K-Gr. 12 performing arts department has put on 198 performances in the past 10 years, and the elite upper school Harker Conservatory traveled to Edinburgh by invitation to perform at the 2007 Fringe Festival.
- In 2008 Harker earned its first CCS NorCal Championship (girls volleyball) and played in a state championship game.
- In 2009 a debate team from Harker won first place in the national Tournament of Champions.
Related School Videos:
Jun Lin at the Harker School Winter Concert
19 days ago
ACE Grant Winner :: The Harker School
3 years ago
The Harker School Dance Room Demolition
3 years ago
Related School News:
- peerTransfer Rolls Out International Payment Solution to the K ? 12 Education ... - Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)
posted on December 4, 2012 at 03:21:05 pm
peerTransfer Rolls Out International Payment Solution to the K ? 12 Education ...Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)Due to growing demand, peerTransfer has already partnered with several boarding schools including Culver ...
- Hosseini talks about desperate times for many Afghans - abc7news.com
posted on November 29, 2012 at 03:49:11 am
abc7news.comHosseini talks about desperate times for many Afghansabc7news.comKrishnamurthi attends the Harker School in San Jose. He's passionate about his new ...
- People in the News
posted on January 26, 2011 at 08:11:42 am
Roshni Bhatnagar, of Fremont, was one of 26 Bay Area students selected as a semifinalist in the Intel Science Talent Search contest.Bhatnagar, 17, ...
Gr. K-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 5-8 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-8 | 1 mi. away
Gr. K | 1 mi. away