Wildwood School K-12
|School Membership(s)||National Association of College Admissions Counselors
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||724 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||21% (CA School Avg.: 40%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||102 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||66%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Algebra II||American Studies|
|Contemporary World Literature||Environmental Science|
|Modern U.S. History||Physics|
|Pre-Calculus||Spanish (4-years available with Honors available in all)|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Oct. 29 / Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$24,025 for K-5; $29,975 for grades 6-12|
|% on Financial Aid||15%|
|Admissions Director||Chantelle Pierre|
|Admissions Associate||Jo Chapman|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||18 extracurriculars|
|Cycling Club||Film Club|
|Human Rights Watch Student Task Force||International Young Physicists Tournament (IYPT)|
|Knitting Club||Math Club|
|Math Team||NewsMagazine (Howl)|
|Peer Mentor Group||Peer Mentors|
|School Council||Sci-Fi Film Appreciation Club|
|Student Relief Effort||Yearbook|
- Elementary program:
- Our elementary classes offer a balanced program that meets individual and group learning needs.
- Field trips and service learning are woven into the core curriculum.
- We offer a daily after-school program and quarterly after-school enrichment classes.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade are combined in multi-age classes that Wildwood calls "Pods."
- Grades 2 through 5 are not multi-aged.
- Middle school program:
- Wildwood School's middle school program advances students' academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Small class sizes create a comfortable, safe space where students can explore their own identities and try out ideas.
- Teachers and staff serve as role models, and advisors provide a critical link between school and home.
- A program of core academics is enhanced with an emphasis on the development of organizational and study skills to prepare students for upper school grades.
- Upper school program:
- Our core academic curriculum requirements exceed that of most schools.
- Honors classes are available in 17 subjects.
- Juniors and seniors can take yearlong electives.
- Wildwood uses narrative assessments and student-led family conferences to track student progress and set goals.
- Our college counseling program has one of the lowest ratios of counselor to student: 25-to-1.
- Wildwood uses Naviance, an online college application program, to help students and families manage the college application process.
- Our advisory program is nationally recognized.
- Students can find their unique passion through offerings in athletics, drama, visual arts, music, and leadership opportunities.
- Additionally, students can travel across the globe, learning about many different cultures through our International Community Involvement Program (ICI).
Profile last updated: 11/21/2011
Gr. K-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 0.2 mi. away
Gr. 2-12 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. PK | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-2 | 0.8 mi. away