|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Independent Private Schools Association
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$20,000 - $35,000|
|Admissions Director||Nadia Meier|
|Admissions Associate||Megan Harris|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Architecture, Art, Band, Chess, Chorus, Creative writing, Dance, Drama, Engineering with LEGO, Golf, Hiking, Madrigals, Photography, School Magazine, Yoga Architecture, Art, Band, Chess, Chorus, Dance, Drama, Golf, Hiking, Madrigals, Photography, Yoga, Creative writing,
Engineering with LEGO,
- Whitby is a co-educational independent school for students age 18 months through grade 8, located on an idyllic 25-acre campus in Greenwich.
- Premier Montessori early childhood program nurtures a child's natural curiosity for learning at a very early age.
- With the world renowned International Baccalaureate Program, Whitby is an academically forward and challenging environment that inspires Lower and Middle School students to the highest levels of achievement.
- Whitby’s educational philosophy encourages students to engage in their own learning, discover meaningful connections across subjects and with the real world, and become fearless achievers.
- Our World Languages program introduces Spanish at age 18months and intensifies as our students progress, so that by Middle School graduation our students are speaking, reading and writing in Spanish. Language instruction in French and Chinese are also offered.
- Robust Athletics and Co-Curricular program built into the school day starting in 5th grade.
- Our curriculum also incorporates a visual and performing arts, interscholastic sports, health instruction; counselor support, community service and global citizenship activities, and international travel for older students.
- Comprehensive secondary school placement program focuses on best fit school selection, standardized test preparation and interview skills.
- The results are that two-thirds of students qualify for the prestigious John Hopkins Talent Search. Graduates find success in both acceptance rates and achievement at highly competitive secondary schools, with 90 percent accepted at their first choice of high school.
- Whitby families and faculty come from over 40 countries and speak more than 23 languages to foster cross-cultural learning. This motivated community of parents, students, faculty and staff are part of an internationally-aware culture that nurtures students to be responsible, global citizens.
Profile last updated: 09/26/2014
- School Location Miles Students Grades
ArmonkLittle Sparrows Nursery School & Kindergarten
448 Bedford Rd
Armonk, NY, 10504
(914)273-9760Daycare / Preschool (Church of Christ)2.1 mi | 78 students | Gr. K
StamfordThe Long Ridge School
478 Erskine Road
Stamford, CT, 06903
(203)322-76933.3 mi | 124 students | Gr. NS-5
ArmonkMontessori Childrens Room
67 Old Route 22
Armonk, NY, 10504
(914)273-3291Montessori School3.3 mi | 135 students | Gr. NS-1
Greenwich Greenwich Catholic School
471 North Street
Greenwich, CT, 06830
(203)869-4000(Roman Catholic)3.4 mi | 443 students | Gr. PK-8
StamfordThe Mead School
1095 Riverbank Road
Stamford, CT, 06903
(203)595-9500Alternative School3.5 mi | 124 students | Gr. NS-8