|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Total Students||395 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$20,000 - $35,000|
|Admissions Director||Nadia Meier|
|Admissions Associate||Kim McElderry|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Architecture, Art, Band, Chess, Chorus, Creative writing, Dance, Drama, Engineering with LEGO, Golf, Hiking, Madrigals, Photography, School Magazine, Yoga Architecture, Art, Band, Chess, Chorus, Dance, Drama, Golf, Hiking, Madrigals, Photography, Yoga, Creative writing,
Engineering with LEGO,
- Whitby is a co-educational independent school for students age 18 months through grade 8, located on an idyllic 25-acre campus in Greenwich.
- Premier Montessori early childhood program nurtures a child's natural curiosity for learning at a very early age.
- With the world renowned International Baccalaureate Program, Whitby is an academically forward and challenging environment that inspires Lower and Middle School students to the highest levels of achievement.
- Whitby’s educational philosophy encourages students to engage in their own learning, discover meaningful connections across subjects and with the real world, and become fearless achievers.
- Our World Languages program introduces Spanish at age 18months and intensifies as our students progress, so that by Middle School graduation our students are speaking, reading and writing in Spanish. Language instruction in French and Chinese are also offered.
- Robust Athletics and Co-Curricular program built into the school day starting in 5th grade.
- Our curriculum also incorporates a visual and performing arts, interscholastic sports, health instruction; counselor support, community service and global citizenship activities, and international travel for older students.
- Comprehensive secondary school placement program focuses on best fit school selection, standardized test preparation and interview skills.
- The results are that two-thirds of students qualify for the prestigious John Hopkins Talent Search. Graduates find success in both acceptance rates and achievement at highly competitive secondary schools, with 90 percent accepted at their first choice of high school.
- Whitby families and faculty come from over 40 countries and speak more than 23 languages to foster cross-cultural learning. This motivated community of parents, students, faculty and staff are part of an internationally-aware culture that nurtures students to be responsible, global citizens.
Profile last updated: 10/23/2012
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Armonk Little Sparrows Nursery School & Kindergarten
Armonk , NY , 10504
(914)273-9760Early Childhood / Day Cares (Church of Christ)2.1 mi | 78 students | Gr. K
Stamford The Long Ridge School
478 Erskine Road
Stamford , CT , 06903
Armonk Montessori Childrens Room
67 Old Route 22
Armonk , NY , 10504
(914)273-3291Montessori School3.3 mi | 135 students | Gr. NS-1
Greenwich Greenwich Catholic School
471 North Street
Greenwich , CT , 06830
(203)869-4000(Roman Catholic)3.4 mi | 443 students | Gr. PK-8
Stamford The Mead School
1095 Riverbank Road
Stamford , CT , 06903
- October 27, 2012 - Whitby has always been known for its preschool and early elementary years excellence, but it is, in recent years- with its integration of the International Baccalaureate program and the recent arrival of the new Head of School (one of the leading educators in the IB world) -becoming a leader in upper elementary and middle school education in the Greenwich area. Our son, now in third grade, has been at Whitby since preschool and has experienced not only the best in academic teaching (tailored to his specific need for exceptional challenge in the classroom), but his teachers also have provided for him a warm environment that has led to extraordinary social development. The athletics program has undergone a complete overhaul in recent years, and we have been able to watch exceptional athletic team performances over the last several weeks. Any family that values an outstanding and challenging academic curriculum, emphasis on teamwork both on and off the field, and an unsurpassed welcoming sense of community should consider Whitby. It is well worth the investment! - Posted by Parent